Some Time Later

finally we're at the end

the funeral

"Harry Potter, I fucking love you." Draco Malfoy wiped his tears. "When Harry killed Voldemort, he killed Lucius Malfoy right after. My father.

He then realised a dagger was thrown at his chest, and it was charmed to be unhealable. The placement and the charm killed him. So his wish came true, he got to die.

We all found letters telling us that he'd be happy if he was dead. He'd wanted it forever, for he'd been hurt more times than you could imagine his entire life. The day Sirius died, he planned on that being his last day.

Harry James Potter was going to kill himself.

He didn't have to.

In many ways, it's heartbreaking that he wanted to end his life. But it left the people he loved with closure. Letters to describe how he felt and why he wanted to die. How he felt most at peace when he walked to his death.

How his life was miserable until he found love, but how love doesn't heal all wounds. Some of his secrets died with him, but some of them we found out from his body. His body that was so fucking scarred because of-"

Draco took a deep breath.

"Sorry, got a bit angry there. Before you ask, why am I not mad Harry killed my father, just know Lucius deserved it. He was abusive and manipulative and didn't deserve to be a father. Harry saved multiple lives in many ways.

Harry Potter was a hero. And I love him."

"Charmed to be unhealable? What did that mean?"

"Well, Jack, it's something I can't tell you." Dudley shrugged. "You know, Harry didn't really use you for fame. He was just trying to protect himself."

"From what?"

"My dad was an abusive asshole. Not to me, just Harry. And once upon a time, my mum." Dudley explained. "He loved the way you made him feel, and if he got more time with you, maybe he would've loved you."

"So when I slapped him, I-"

"Sent him into a full-blown panic attack and broke his heart. And irritated his wounds every time you grabbed his wrist and dragged him to the toilet."

Jack Owens gasped. "He c- Harry cut himself?"

"Thought there wasn't any other way to cope with the pain my dad inflicted on him."

"Why are you telling me this?" Jack teared up. His entire perspective on the Boy Who Lived changed completely.

"Because." Dudley sighed. "He didn't deserve to die being seen as a monster."

"I never-"

"I know."

The auburn-haired boy knelt down at Harry's headstone. Usually it takes months for these to be made, but magic, am I right?

"I'm so, so sorry, Harry." He sobbed. "I never meant to hurt you, or scare you, or make you feel the way your uncle did. You deserved so much better.

Like blondie from the speech. He seemed like such a good guy. I really hope he treated you well. Give me a sign and I'll kill him."

Nothing.

"Of course, you can't. You're dead." He laughed with no humour behind it. "I'm genuinely so sorry. I'm glad you're at peace now. The others never hated you, even when I did. But I didn't hate you really.

I was just mad.

I shouldn't have been. It was primary school. Everything was so dramatic. I was acting like a child and you... You lost your childhood and gave everything left of it up to protect yourself. And you didn't deserve it.