Fifty-Four | Umbridge

ae dil hai mushkil 

its hard to live without you

attempting to keep this as similar to the real thing as i can

in the middle of rewatching the hp movies

goblet of fire here we come

~Harry's POV

"Harry, are you sure?"

"I saw it. It's just like Mr Weasley." I explain as I run up the ever-confusing stairs. "It's the same door I've been dreaming about for months. I couldn't remember where I'd seen it before. Sirius said Voldemort was after something, something he didn't have the last time. And it's in the Department of Mysteries."

"Harry, please just listen." Hermione pleads, and I stop running. "What if Voldemort meant for you to see this? He's only hurting Sirius because he's trying to get to you?"

"What if he is? I'm supposed to just let him die?" I breathe heavily. "Hermione, he's the only family I've got left."

Hermione looks at Ron, who asks, "What do we do?"

"We'll have to use the Floo Network." We continue running up the stairs.

"Umbridge has all the chimneys under surveillance." Hermione informs.

"Not all of them." I reply.

"Alohomora." I unlock the door to the toad's office. Putting my wand away, I go over to the fireplace and crouch down. "Alert the order if you can."

"Are you mental? We're going with you." Ron states.

"It's too dangerous."

Hermione crouches down next to me. "When are you going to get it in your head? We're in this together."

"That you are." Umbridge?!

Shit.

"Caught this one trying to help the Weasley girl." Draco drags Neville into Umbridge's office. For a moment, I forget he's on our side. "Sorry." He mouths to me. "Pansy and Blaise are outside, ready to come stun her if needed."

"It's fine." I mouth back. I'll be fine. We all will.

"You were going to Dumbledore, weren't you?" Umbridge suggests.

Absolutely not, that dick knew what Vernon was doing to me all this time and never stopped him. "No."

"Liar." She says as she slaps me.

Snape appears at the doorway, stealthy as always. "You summoned for me?"

"Snape, yes. The time has come for answers, whether they want to give them to me or not." Umbridge smiles. "Have you brought the Veritaserum?"

"I'm afraid you've used up all the stores interrogating students, the last of it on Miss Chang." 

Oh. So she didn't betray us.

"Unless you wish to poison him, then I assure you I would have the greatest sympathy if you did, I cannot help you." Snape turns to leave.

"He's got Padfoot." I catch his attention. "He- he's got Padfoot at the place where it's hidden."

"Padfoot? What is Padfoot? Well what is it, what is he talking about Snape?" She asks impatiently.

Snape turns around, feigning innocence. "No idea." And then he was gone.