Aftermath

(This is a long take on the explosion in season 9 and if Hailey hadn't been magically okay. I'm also using a request for Jay needing help from Adam after the explosion because Hailey's so worked up when she comes to. Here you go! Also, as always, Natalie never left in my mind, and remember I'm not a doctor! ALSO!!! I am saddened by the news that Jesse is leaving. I am hoping this was his choice though, and that this isn't the same situation Kelli Giddish (who plays Amanda Rollins on SVU) was put in. Like everyone, I am thankful for the work Jesse has done the last 10 years. I am upset about them ending upstead, that just isn't right. I'm interested in seeing what they do. Even though Jesse will be leaving the show this Fall, I will not stop writing for upstead. I have SOOOO many requests to write and upstead will always be endgame, so keep them coming.)
——
His ears were ringing and he could smell smoke. That was the first thing Jay registered as he came to. Then he realized he was on the cement. Suddenly, it all came rushing to him and he panicked.

"Hailey!" He yelled as he forced himself up, trying to locate his wife.

He nearly puked when he saw her sprawled out on the pavement, unconscious, blood on her face. He ran over to her and dropped to his knees as he radioed it in.

"Hailey, Hailey wake up!" He took inventory of her appearance, but couldn't see much without moving her.

It took a few minutes, but Hailey groaned and slowly her blue eyes opened and immediately widened. Everything was fuzzy, her ears were absolutely ringing, and she hurt. She was scared, and blinked until Jay was a clear image infront of her. But she couldn't really hear him. Hailey tried to sit up, only growing upset when Jay held her down and kept talking. She couldn't hear him much at all. It was so distant and muffled and her eyes filled with tears.

Jay began to grow concerned that Hailey couldn't focus on him and wasn't listening. She had started to cry and was attempting to sit up, letting out a scream of frustration when he kept her down. He felt her grip on his arm tighten and realized she was trying to pull him closer. It dawned on him that she must be scared and he brought one hand to her hair to stroke it.

Hailey squeezed her eyes shut continuously, her head felt like it was going to explode. She could feel Jay's breath and cried out again.

"I can't hear!" She sobbed, and Jay radioed again for the ambo to hurry up. It was hard for him to comfort her when she couldn't hear him.

He kept communicating with the team as the ambulance rolled up and at that Hailey became aggravated. She wanted to go home. Not to the hospital even though she knew something was wrong. She saw Brett and Violet approaching and tried to move away.

Jay hadn't seen Hailey so agitated in the five years he'd known her. She was trying to keep them away from her and crying hysterically. He couldn't calm her down.

"Hold on," he told their friends and called Ruzek.

A: how's Hailey?
J: i need help, she's freaking out, won't let the medics near her, she's hysterical and panics when I try to hold her still. She can't hear.
A: damn. i'm two minutes out.
J: thanks.

Jay did his best to keep Hailey calm, but she was so out of it from her head and terrified she couldn't really hear. She threw up on the pavement and cried out at the pain in her ribs.

"Hailey, let them help," Jay said slowly once she was looking at him.

"No, I wanna go home!" She cried out, shying away.

Adam ran up and looked at his friends, frowning at the sight of Hailey trying to avoid the situation. He knelt down on her other side and looked at Jay.

"Help me hold her, man. We just need her to settle down enough to get her on the board. She's in pain," Jay had tears in his eyes.

"Okay, we've got her," Adam smiled gently and he and Jay worked together to get Hailey to calm down. She kept crying out that she wanted to go home, breaking their hearts.