3

GOLDEN FAME UNIVERSITY
LADY  DEBORAH'S HALL
RM 301. 4:30pm.

Rose laid on her bed too tired to remove her sandals, the day was so hectic for they had four classes back to back and plus her test tomorrow. she sighed and was about closing her eyes when she heard her phone beep indicating a message. She opened it and read;

Unknown number
Hey gorgeous.

Rose: Please who's this?

Unknown number
It's Charles, remember me?

Rose: Charles? My course mate? The pickup line guy?

Unknown number
Lol, yes. if that's how you describe me.

Rose: How did you get my number Charles, I don't remember giving you.

Unknown number
Our class whatsapp group chat.

Rose: Oh that's right. I've even forgotten that existed.

Unknown number
Save my number. Please.

She saves his number as ‘pickup line' and texted him telling him she had done that. She brought out her PHS 216 note then opened it when he replied.

Pickup line:
Do you mind if we chat on WhatsApp, I want to say something important. Please reply.

She opened her WhatsApp app and switched on her data, messages of yesterday and today came rushing in, then she saw his message.

Pickup line: It's me, Charles.

Rose: I know. What is the important thing you want to say? I want to read for the test tomorrow.

Pickup line: Oh sorry, gorgeous, I just want to specially invite you to my party.

Rose: Party again? Don't you get tired?

Pickup line: I don't, it's tomorrow though, it's starting at 8 pm.

Rose: What do you gain from spending money on parties? I don't mean it rudely though.

Pickup line: No offense taken, and besides all these parties are for memories. As they say, all work and no play make Jack a dull boy.

Rose: I'll think about that.

Pickup line: C'mon gorgeous. I really want to see you there and besides, it's after the test, a little fun won't hurt you.

Rose: I said I'll think about it. Let's see how the test will be first, if I feel it was okay after writing it, I'll definitely come and have fun.

Pickup line: I'll be expecting you.

Rose: Don't be so sure. I'd like to stop chatting now, gotta read for the test. I'm not as smart as you are.

Pickup line: Be whining me. Lol. See you tomorrow gorgeous.

She smiled as she read his last message. He was really persistent and won't take no for an answer. She resumed her reading.

FACULTY OF SCIENCE
OUTSIDE FS106 LECTURE ROOM
11: 08 A.M

“I swear that test was something else, I was reading As if the world was about to end and instead he just gave us one question about the last topic." James commented.

“Me that didn't come for the last class, I was just looking like mumu. I didn't even know what to write. I submitted his question back to him, I just pray he won't mark it." A course mate of Charles complained. "Charles how far your test na?"

“It was okay man." He replies and the guy hails him. "Hey guys!" He shouted getting everyone's attention even Rose.

“I'll be throwing a party this night starting at 8. I'd really love it If you guys come. I'll be expecting you guys o." He finished and everyone threw in their reply.

“I'll definitely be there."

“Won't miss your party for anything in the world."

“Hope there'd be a lot of alcohol."

“Who am I to say no to such a thing?"

“God bless you, Charles." It kept on coming and coming and Charles was sure he'd have a full house this night.

“I'll be there and I'd make sure to drag Rose along." Susan said to which she got a very serious glare from Rose.

Charles walked straight to Rose who was trying very hard to avoid eye contact with him.

"Rose, how was your test today?" He asked her to which she shrugged and replied;

"It was okay, thank God I read the last note before the beginning, what about yours, I'm sure you aced it?"

"Very correct gorgeous, I'd definitely ace it." He replied cockily and she laughed. He felt so happy and very fulfilled as he saw her laugh, her laugh was very contagious and it was getting to him.

"Alright Mr. Pickup line"

"What?! I just hoped you didn't save my number like that."

"I sure did, why wouldn't I, Mr. Pickup line?"

"Ewww... The name is something else... Why would you do that?" He asked, amused, this was the first time a girl had saved his number like that, He stared at her and smiled, she was really getting to him.

"Just felt like it, what did you save mine as? Oh, I'm sure it's gorgeous."

"And what made you so sure?" He asked smirking even though he knew she was correct.

"Cause that's what you always call me, or am I wrong Mr. Pickup line?"

"I'm starting to like that nickname coming from your mouth" he winked as he said that and she blushed. Oh! So innocent. "So I'll see you there?" He asked her hoping but instead, she smiled.

"I guess." She replied and he groaned. What kind of girl was this? That needs a lot of convincing. Geez!

"Rose, let's go." Susan said, dragging Rose along with her and soon they were gone.

"Guy, stop staring." Martin, another of his childhood friend cautioned him and he blinked.

Just then Rhema came to join them and muttered something about being hungry and together they left the faculty of science to a cafeteria to feed their hungry stomachs.

GOLDEN FAME UNIVERSITY
SPORT CENTER
12:42 pm.

After eating and flirting with girls of different sizes and complexions, the trio finally reached the sports center, a place for them to exercise and burn out the excess calories they've downloaded in their bodies, they played tennis till they were sweating and decided to call it to quit.

They sat down quietly to calm their nerves watching other people play to pass away time when suddenly a girl called out Martin's name and waved rushing to meet them.

"Guy, your babe." Rhema teased Martins and he dramatically faked vomiting.

"God forbid! that girl too cheap abeg" he whispered as the girl named Dara neared them.

"So now she's cheap abi, when you were busy sleeping with her, you didn't know she was cheap then." Charles reasoned quietly but Martins cared less.

"Hey Martins," Dara greeted and waved to the others while licking her lips seductively.

"Dara whassup?" She batted her eyes and he knew what she wants. Sweet heavens.

A/N: Thank you for stopping by to read this book. Please don't forget to vote, comment and share. Positive comments please. Thanks guys. ILYSSM🥰🥰

Also follow naijasugaplum  so that you'll be the first to know when a new update arrives!