33

"Mom! Mom!" Bryan called as he barged into his mother's room, "mom!"

"Yes, son?" Rose answered grudgingly, sleep still evident in her eyes.

"Mom! How was your outing?" He asked, curiosity in his voice.

"What outing, Mister?"

"Yesterday's outing, the evening outing, how was it?" He was so curious, so when his mom left yesterday evening, he had tried stayed awake, eager to ask her about it, he stayed until when it was past nine, then his grandma pestered him to go to bed, and he was the type that once his head lands on the pillow, sleep would overtake him.

"Oh! That! It was good, now can I go back to bed?"

"No mom, tell me all about it, who was the person you went to meet?"

"Someone."

"Who is this someone, mom? A man or a woman?"

"Bryan, I'm so tired."

"Just tell me mom, is it that handsome stranger you went to meet?

"Char-Bryan!" Rose corrected herself as she was about saying his name. After the dinner date yesterday, she went back home and she couldn't stop thinking if him, like before she had been thinking of him sometimes, but throughout the night, her mind kept on thinking about him to the extent that she dreamt a strange dream. In her dream, she saw a young boy who looked exactly like Bryan, the two of them conversing, and strangely she also saw young Rhema and Martins, and for sure she concluded that the young boy was Charles, she dreamt about Charles. But how can she dream about She, Rhema, Martins and Charles conversing together as if they had been friends?

"Mom... Tell me, please." Bryan voice brought her out of her reverie.

"Bryan, I'd tell you once you get back from school, now shoo, before you'd be late for school."

"It's just past six mom and besides, it's a Saturday mom, no school on Saturday."

"Okay, it's true. But let me sleep first okay?"

"Ooooohhhhhh!" Bryan grumbled as he walked out of his mom's room.

"This boy, so inquisitive." She muttered as she laid her head back on her pillow.

* * * * *

"So mummy, tell me, how was it?" Inquisitive Bryan asked as soon as he entered into the living room.

"Bryan, have you brushed your teeth and have you also taken your bath?" Rose asked him.

"Yes, mom."

"Good, now have you cleaned your room?"

"No."

"Now go and clean your room, then come and eat before your food gets cold. After all that, I promise, I'd tell you."

"But mom..."

"I'd keep my mouth shut until you do as you are told."

"Okay mummy." He ran up the stairs to his room and saw how littered it was, books and clothes scattered all over the ground and his bed. It was a terrible mess. He immediately started picking up all his dirty clothes and put them all in his laundry basket, arranged his bed, and swept his room. Soon he was done, he rushed down to the dining table to eat, he ate as fast as he could.

"Bryan, slow down, the gist is not running away." Rose cautioned.

"Yes mommy." He answered. And then, he was though with his food, he took his empty dish to the dish washer.

"Mom, I'm done!" Rose laughed at her cute son.

"Alright son, come and sit down." She patted the space beside her for him to sit. Bryan rushed to the couch and plumped down.