44

Then the doorbell rang.

"Fxck!" Charles cussed angrily. Who could that be that would come at the spur of the moment? Who is that heartless individual that would come and interrupt their moment?

"Who's... Who's that?" Rose asked, already coming back to her senses.

"I don't know." He answered, anger evident in her tone.

"Should I go check?" Rose asked, then came down from the bed and adjusted her clothes.

"No, stay, I'll check. But..." He stared at his member which was still hard as a rock.

"Let me go check, go and take a cold shower..." Rose suggested. She too quite pissed at the individual that had interrupted their moment and she doesn't think that she would have this boldness again until maybe they get married. It was such a waste of pleasure and hard d!ck, she had really wanted that d!ck inside her this afternoon, but fate knows why. She reached the living room and checked who the visitor was, and she saw a woman. A very beautiful woman.

Rose opened the door for the woman who entered the house, scrutinized Rose, and asked;

"Who are you?" Rose could see that the woman was a lot older and she figured that would be Charles' mother.

"I'm... Rose. Good afternoon ma."

"Good afternoon, Rose. You say?" She asked, wanting to clarify her name.

"Yes, ma."

"So who are you to my son, Rose?" The woman asked, making her way to the living room and sat down comfortably without an invite. Rose was confused as to what to answer the woman, should she say she is her son's baby mama? Or the woman that hid her son's child from him ten years ago? Or the woman that made her son travel abroad? Or...

"Mom!" She heard Charles's voice and became instantly relieved.

"My son!" The woman stood up from the chair and hugged her beloved son, "So if I don't visit you, you won't make time to visit me, huh?" She asked.

"Mom... You know I've been busy."

"Busy? Busy with work only? Or..." Charles' mom teased as she directed her gaze back to Rose.

"Oh, mom. Meet Rose. Rose meet my mom." Charles introduced shortly unaware of what had happened before he came down.

"I've met her already, but I don't know who she is to you." Charles was also confused as to what to answer. Should he say she's the woman that broke his heart years ago which made him travel abroad? Or the woman that he is so in love with who also had a son for him, ten years ago? How would his mother feel towards Rose if he said it? Instead, he went with this;

"She's the woman I plan to spend the rest of my life with." He replied.

"You've found your the one already?" She asked, quoting the 'the one'.

"Yes, I've found her."

"Doesn't she look kinda familiar?" Charles' mother asked, it was as if Rose was not more present in the living room anymore. But she was.

"Mom... Settle down already. Rose, she's my mom, Mrs. Evelyn Ugwuoke." Charles introduced again.

"Hello, Ma." Rose greeted again.

"Rose, sit down," Evelyn instructed and Rose obeyed. Who was she not to obey when this would surely be her mother-in-law, "How are you?" Evelyn asked her.

"I'm fine, ma."

"How long have you known my son, already?" Evelyn asked, she was surprised when her son has told her that this was the woman he planned to spend the rest of his life with. She wondered how within this short period, Charles had found a woman he wants to get married to, and she wants to be sure that this lady wasn't after her son's money only.