45

"Nahhh, I like her already, she's a good wife material, and she looks like someone who would pop out babies fast..." Evelyn said and Charles replied;

"And she has a good character also," Charles said, he had wanted to tell his mom that Rose had already given him a child, but he changed his mind. He won't tell her yet.

"Wow, that's good. At least you've got yourself a respectful wife. So when are you planning to propose to her?" Evelyn asked.

"Soon. Anytime soon and I also have something to tell everyone, a very important thing to tell you guys, but I would love to do that when everyone is present."

"What is it?"

"I won't spill."

"Tell me nau."

"Mom, I won't. I would love to say it when everyone is around."

"Okay o. This one that you can't even tell your mother, it must be a top secret."

"It isn't exactly a secret, mom," Charles reassured.

"Hmm... Okay, but just know that I'm disappointed in you."

"Mom... Please don't make things hard for me."

"Okay o, I hope you he groceries in the kitchen, because I want to cook for you," Evelyn said, changing the topic.

"Emm... No."

"No? You don't? And your fiancee didn't shop for one?"

"Mom, this was the first time she entered my house, she just came to visit."

"She should have at least shopped for some things."

"How would she when you didn't even give us time, she just came like an hour before you also came. Then I was showing her the parts of the house." Charles explained.

"That's all?" Evelyn inquired.

"Yes? Anything else?"

"You didn't do anything, right? Like..."

"Geez, I can't believe you're saying this mom. I'm not discussing this with you." Charles stood up from his seat and headed towards the kitchen and his mom followed.

* * * * *

"I went to see my son, today," Evelyn said to her husband.

"You mean, you went to meet our son?" Peter verified.

"Yes, I went to see him."

"So what's new in his life, the last time we spoke, he wasn't himself. It was like he was trying to find out something." Peter said remembering the time he went to his son's office and saw some files. It was like he was looking for someone, and when he asked, he wouldn't spill.

"What was he trying to find out?" Evelyn asked, curious.

"I don't know either. He wouldn't spill when I asked him."

"Wow! Well, I saw the girl that he's planning to introduce to us. He plans to get married to her." Evelyn spilled.

"A girl?"

"Yes, and strangely she looks kinda familiar like I've seen her before," Evelyn said, trying to pinpoint where she had met the girl.

"And what is her name?" Her husband asked.

"Rose," Evelyn replied.

"Rose... That name rings a bell, Rose... But there are so many girls that are named Rose in this Lagos." Peter said, also trying to remember where he heard the name, "Did you ask for her surname, that would have made it easier."