43

"Charles!"

"Isn't it good?" He asked her.

"Why?"

"So we can always be together."

"So you joined the rooms together?"

"There's a door separating them. Actually, I made this particular room," he pointed at Rose's room, " I made it for..."

"For what?" Rose asked eager to know.

"For... For our baby." Charles said which made Rose blush.

"But since we don't have one yet, and you refuse to stay with me, I changed it to your room."

"You've planned everything out already?" Rose asked him, surprised.

"Yes, I did before coming back to Nigeria, I didn't know we already had a child, but I hope we will have more." He said, looking into her eyes and holding her waist.

"How many?" She asked, curious.

"How many more children do you want?" Charles asked her. Rose was surprised by how comfortable she felt as she talked about having babies with Charles. If someone had told her this six months ago, she would have laughed at the person, because then she hadn't laid her eyes on him and the hatred she still felt for him then was mighty. She can't believe she's even thinking about having another child, or rather, even children with Charles.

"Two more." She replied him.

"I'm thinking three. Two girls and another boy?" He asked rather than stating.

"Let's wait and see."

"How about we start now."

"In your dreams, Charles." She wants to have another child with Charles, but this time, legitimately. She wants to be married to him before having another child with him, and as for having sex with him, she's still having a second thought about it since her conversation with Susan.

"Then let's get married, what are we waiting for?"

"Charles, let's go get the wallpapers to redesign the rooms you personally destroyed," Rose said trying to change the topic.

"I tried, at least tell me I tried."

"Why, your ego's hurt?" Rose asked sarcastically.

"Rose! Try to compliment your man."

"My man indeed. You didn't try, you destroyed the room, I won't lie so your ego would be repaired." Rose said laughing.

"It's not funny."

"It is."

"It's not."

"It is."

"It's not."

"It is."

"It's... Why am I doing this with you? It's so childish."

"You love it."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes. See ehn, Rose. Just, shut up!"

"No."

"Shut up!"

"No!"

"Shut up!"

"No!" Then the both of them laughed. They could feel they are already getting back to how they used to be back then, childish play without a care in the world.

"I love you." Charles suddenly confessed which made her look at him wondering what she would reply to him.

"Emmm..."