21

Charles Ugwuoke searched around the airport looking for his father who had promised to pick him up. He smiled as he saw not only his father but his entire family. He dragged his luggage to meet them.

"My son," His mom, Evelyn captured him in a heartwarming hug, "I miss you son."

"I missed you too, mom," he replied as he eased himself from the heartwarming yet bone-crushing hug.

"Charles my little man," His Dad called him, hugging him briefly, "how have you been?"

"I've been good and occupied." His gaze directed to the young man who looked like he was in his early or middle twenties; " and who's this?"

"Ah sorry, this is Baron, my secretary, Baron, this is Charles my one and only son."

"Mr. Charles, nice to meet you." Mr. Baron greeted, his hands outstretched for a handshake.

"Mr. Baron, nice to meet you too." He acknowledged the outstretched hands, not a smile on his face.

"Little bro," that was Sapphire who was carrying a toddler in her arms while the other hand was holding a young boy. He gave his sister a brief hug.

"Your children?" He asked as he bent down to take a look at the young boy who was so engrossed in the candy he was licking.

"Yes," Sapphire replied, he remembered he came back briefly about seven years ago for his sister's wedding and went back immediately.

"Young boy, what's your name?" He asked the boy, although he knew his sister had given birth to two children, he can't recall any of their names.

"I'm Victor."

"Victor, how are you?"

"I'm fine, what about you? What's your name?" Victor asked.

"My name?, Your mom didn't tell you my name?"

"She did, but I forgot," Victor replied and he laughed. How could he expect the boy to remember his name

"Sorry Uncle, if you tell me, I promise I won't forget again," Victor promised to which Charles laughed at his cuteness.

"Alright Victor, I'm Charles, your mom's younger brother."

"So you're uncle Charles then."

"Yes, I am, now how old are you?"

"I'm 6, will be seven by May."

"So you're a big boy then."

"Yes, but mom says I'm not," Charles smiled and looked up at his sister.

"Such a cute little boy you've got," He complimented while standing up and ruffling Victor's afro hair. His heart sank a bit, making him remember a certain someone, a girl his heart couldn't forget even after a decade, if their relationship didn't end in shambles, they'd have been married by now and would have had children too, but that was just a wish, their relationship endless badly and he was so sure she hated him. Who wouldn't after what he had done to her? He looked at the toddler in his sister's arm who was probably two years.

"She's sleeping," Sapphire informed him.

"How's Adam?" He asked referring to Sapphire's husband.

"Out on a business trip, you know how he is."

"Yeah, yeah." He remembered seeing Adam in California for a business meeting and had told him that he would be coming back to Nigeria.

"You came back for her? " Sapphire asked him.

"Yes. I did. I must find her and get her back. "

"Hmm, this girl is something else, for you to still remember her even after a decade is serious. Anyway, good luck. "