26

"Sir, this is all the information I was able to get on miss Rose," Baron said passing Charles a brown file.

"Thank you, Mr. Baron, you may leave."

"Alright, sir."

Charles opened the envelope and brought out the paper filled with Rose's information. He scanned through it, read it carefully, and gasped as his eyes landed on a piece of strange informationn.

"She dropped out of school when she got pregnant?" He read it. For who? For him? Why didn't she tell him she was pregnant? If the pregnancy was really his why didn't she tell him? Or unless if the pregnancy wasn't his to begin with... No, no, no, no, Rose can't do that to him, he had to confirm, but confirm what? The truth is already laid out, Rose got pregnant after they had sex and she hid it from him under the disguise of the bet or the article, and Bryan was his child, he didn't need any other proof but he would for sure like to hear it from Rose herself.

* * * * *

"Grandma!" Victor and Grace screamed immediately they entered into the Ugwuoke's mansion.

"Oh, my dearest, how are you?" Evelyn asked them.

"We're fine grandma," Victor replied for he and his sister while untangling himself from his mom and ran straight up the stairs. Sapphire put little Grace on the floor who staggered to follow her brother.

"How have you been?" Evelyn asked Sapphire as the two relaxed on the white cushioning the Livingroom.

"I'm fine mom."

"But, you looked tired," Evelyn complained.

"Taking care of these children, plus my work, would surely make me tired, mom."

" What about their nanny?"

" Oh Nneka? She went home to take care of her sick mom, lately, Charles has been coming to help in taking Victor to school while Grace was sick."

" But she's okay now, right?"

" Yeah she's getting better no,"

"And how's your brother?"

" He's strangely happy, I don't know what's making him happy..."

"It would definitely be a woman making him happy, do you think is courting or dating anyone lately?"

"No no, I won't pry into my brother's life, if he wants to spill, he will tell me himself, what about dad?"

"Oh that one, always in his study room, I wonder what hes doing there, when he's planning to retire."

" Old habits never die, mom."

" Right? I just miss my husband, infact I miss not being lonely, lately I've been."

" Awwnn! Sorry mom."

" When your brother came back from California, I thought he would stay with us, I didn't know he and your father had discussed about getting him a house before his arrival, I just miss having children around."

" Mom, that's why I always being Victor and Grace every Saturday."

" Yes and I'm grateful for that, but it's only on Saturday." Evelyn pouted.

" But seriously mom, you have a boutique that can also make you 'preoccupied'" Sapphire said, emphasizing on the word 'preoccupied'.

"Let me rephrase my word, it's always on Saturday that I'm preoccupied with 'children'," Evelyn also emphasized making Sapphire laugh. She continued; " any other day, it's always about my boring business and some other days that I meet with those proud and egocentric women, who loves flaunting their wealth," Sapphire laughed again as her mother's demonstrated.