25

Charles had a mission and his mission was to find that young boy again. so he saw himself dropping off Victor again and waiting by the side for the arrival of the young boy.

Thirty minutes later he still hasn't found the young boy nor has he found Rose. Or did the boy come early today? He thought and waited for another thirty minutes and when he didn't see the boy, he drove back to his company. He did this for two more days, but yet he didn't find the boy.

On Friday, he saw himself back in the school, as if it was already routine.

"Grandma, goodbye!" He heard a young boy. He directed his gaze to the young boy, and behold, it was him, the boy he had been looking for, for days.

"Goodbye, Bryan." He looked at the woman, whom the boy referred to as grandma, and held his breath as he saw that it was Rose's mother. He hid his face so she won't see or recognize him. As soon as Rose's mother left the school premises, he called the young boy's attention.

"You're Bryan, right?" He asked the young boy, he bent down to the boy's level, taking note of his features. He brought out his phone from his pocket, on Tuesday, he had taken a picture of himself when he was eight years old, to confirm when he finally saw the boy. He looked at the picture and the young boy's face again, and again and he saw that his eyes weren't deceiving him at all. The boy was the carbon copy of his young self, it was like looking at himself when he was ten years old. Who was this boy? And who was he to Rose? But his instinct which had always been right told him that the boy could be his son. But how? He could remember that they had sex only once, or was it once? He became confused. He shook his head, he didn't want to come to conclusions yet, he would have to ask Rose to confirm, she was the only one who had the right answer to this.

"And who are you, mister?" Bryan asked the handsome man that had called his attention. He was not surprised the man knew his name because his grandma had said it when she was leaving his school.

"I'm not a bad man, my name is Charles."

"I know you're not a bad man, mister. My school won't allow just anybody to enter the school premises. It's either you're here to drop a student or pupil or you're looking for someone..."

"Yes, the both... I came to drop my nephew, and I was also looking for someone, but I've found the person now."

" And who could that be?"

" It's you, look, I just want to know you more."

" Why?"

" Because I know your mom."

" You know my mom?"

" Yes, I do."

Bryan stared at the handsome stranger, he could remember it was the same stranger that he saw on Monday when his mother came to drop him off at school. He also saw him yesterday and the day before yesterday, looking for someone, but he didn't know who he was and who he was looking for. And that was why when his grandma dropped him off and he saw the man, he immediately told his grandma goodbye where the man could hear and walked slowly to the assembly ground. He wanted to help the man to find whoever he was looking for. He was that sociable.

"Who is my mom to you, mister?"

"She's someone dear to me," Charles replied.

"Someone dear to you... Someone dear to you huh? That's why you know her name? I've never seen you near my mom before, so how can you be someone dear to her?"

"She was my dearest friend," Charles replied, deciding to answer all of the boy's questions, to feed his curiosity.

"Dearest friend, as in? Girlfriend?" Smart Bryan asked.