14

GOLDEN FAME UNIVERSITY
MONDAY, 7:58 A.M.

Her two weeks' holiday finally came to an end. As Rose entered the university’s premises she could see that everywhere was back to normal, students in queue rushing to board cabs to their various departments. She was relieved that the class she was supposed to attend this morning had been canceled. She strolled through the education road to her hostel. As she climbed the stairs of lady Deborah’s hall, she noticed as girls kept throwing weird glances at her, whispering among themselves the afterward chuckling. She was confused. What happened? She thought. She fastened her pace and avoided the mocking looks from the girls when she bumped into one of them.

“Ouch!” the dark-skinned girl shouted. “watch where you’re going bitch!”

“I’m so sorry” Rose begged but the girl hissed and pushed her out of the way. Rose was baffled at the treatment she got. What has happened? What has she done? She thought for the second time that morning.

“Rose!” she heard her name being called. She swirled her head in the direction of the voice, the voice which she could recognize anytime.

“Susan!” she replied happily. Happy she could see someone to talk to before reaching her floor.

“What happened Rose?” Susan asked her.

“Oh! That girl, I just bumped into her and she started calling me names, I don’t know what got into her this morning.” Rose laughed as she explained.

“That's not what I’m talking about, what happened between you and Charles?”

“what happened as in? Nothing happened, we are good and in love!” Rose replied.

“In love? In love you say? Are you sure?” Susan asked her worriedly.

“C’mon Susan, I don’t know what you mean, is anything the matter?”

“Yes! There is fire on the mountain!” Susan spat scaring the hell out of Rose.

“What happened? Please tell me”

“I will, but not here,” Susan said dragging rose to their room. As soon as they entered, four pairs of eyes landed on them.

“Rose!” both Miriam and Martha called rushing to her.

“Are you okay Rose?” Miriam asked worriedly.

"Yes it's true, Rose, hope you are okay? Cos seriously, this...this is too much to comprehend.” Martha muttered worriedly.

“Please what is going on?” Rose asked tired of being in the dark, tired of everything that has been going on since she stepped into the hostel.

“Go to the school’s gossip website” Miriam urged her.

“School’s gossip website?”

“Ahn Ahn, don’t you know goldefame again? That’s it na”

“But... but I don’t have data o, It finished yesterday afternoon and I haven’t subscribed since then,” she explained.

“Ah! Okay, use mine then.” Miriam passed her phone to her and pointed at an article. “read this!”
Rose stared at the article which says;

The golden girl has been used and dumped!

The new gold we are going to defame today is no other person than Rose Nkem, a 200-level student of physics science. She was known to be a hard nut to crack, she didn’t care about boys and had never given any guy a chance since she gained admission. She was respected in her department not until a direct entry student named Charles Ugwuoke flirted with her.

Charles Ugwuoke who we later learned is the second child and only son of T.U.P.P.E.L, one of the largest petroleum industries here in Nigeria, was able to make Rose fall deeply in love with him.

It was believed that Charles and his friends whose names won’t be mentioned in this article made a bet. A very interesting bet which will now be exposed. The detail of the bet was that Charles would make Rose fall in love with him, then when he’s sure she’s a goner for him, he must fxck her and dump her. This bet was a success. A sweet success. Now, our dear Rose has been fxcked and dumped.

Lesson to be learned: Don’t be a goody two shoes so as not to whither like Rose.

Below is the image of Charles and Rose.’

Rose shuddered as she read the article again and again and again as tears fell out of her eyes. She sighted some hateful comments which dragged her attention.

‘she’s such a fool, I hope she gets pregnant. Idiot!’

‘I hate all those girls that pretend as if they’re one special thing’

‘I just love the fact that he succeeded. Maybe I should come and try my luck too, Rose baby, do you want mine? Hahaha’

‘The girl na mumu abeg, I’m positive there were other boys that were willing and sincere to be her lover, but yet she went for the player’

‘She’s a gold digger! Maybe she wanted to be his wife. Hahaha’

‘I warned her o, I told her to back off, to leave Charles for me, but she didn’t listen. Rose na me Dara o, karma na bitch’

She started crying uncontrollably. So everything was a bet, everything they had, everything they did, was all a stupid bet.

“No!” she screamed. Susan and the other roommates ran to her side consoling her as she poured out her pain through tears.

“Sorry, babe!” Susan hugged her dear friend.

“Don’t be bothered about the article and comments on goldefame, they’re always ready to defame people’s reputation. The other time it was about prof. Adebanji who they said slept with a female student and this week, it is you, I wonder what next week will be. Don’t take it to heart, okay?” Martha said.

“Sorry babe, don’t mind those people, I’m sure everything that was written is a rumor, before you know it, everything will die down and people will forget about it” Miriam also said trying to console her not knowing what she said punched a hole on Rose’s heart. Rose knew some part of the article was true and it wasn’t a rumor, she did fall in love with Charles and gave him access to her body, and he slept with her.

“Shit! I'm late to class, I ought to go to class now” Martha announced and she picked up her bag and left the room.

“Me too babe, I’ll be heading to my class now.” Miriam also took her bag from her bed and left the room leaving Rose and Susan behind.

“Is it true? The article I mean?” Susan asked immediately after.

“Yes... I slept with him Susan, I trusted him and gave him my virginity.”

“Oh Rose, I’m so sorry, you don’t deserve this kind of treatment, he’s not worth your time.”

“I… I… I can’t believe Charles could do this to me, he… he said he loves me, so why this? Why was I played? Who did I offend?” Rose asked rhetorically, crying. She was so confused and she felt betrayed. She loved him, she felt it was real that was why she went against her belief, her mom’s warning, and slept with him and now she regrets it. She regrets ever loving him, ever believing he loved her, ever knowing him, ever giving him her virginity.

Her phone rang, she looked at the caller and sighed, she knew she can’t keep on going on like this, so she decided to do what was best for her. And she did it, immediately after Susan left for class. She left.

A/N: Thank you for stopping by to read this book. Please don't forget to vote, comment and share. Positive comments please. Thanks guys. ILYSSM🥰🥰

Also don't forget to follow me so that you'll be the first to know when a new update is released!