28

That same evening, Rose rushed to Diamond's house and hoped that she would be around. She rang the doorbell hastily as if someone was pursuing her to the door, she heaved a sigh of relief as she saw Diamond.

"Diam!" She hugged her tightly.

"Wow! Rose, you miss me that much?"

"Diam… he knows already," Rose complained to her.

" Come on in first," Diamond ushered her into the Livingroom and they both sat comfortably before Rose continued.

"He knows already, Diam."

"Knows what?"

"He knows that Bryan is his child."

"Jesus! How come?"

"I don't know Diam, I was supposed to meet with his secretary today concerning the website and when I got to the room which was reserved for us, I saw him instead . At first, we only talked about business until… until I was about to go when he asked me why I didn't tell him about his child. Diam I was so scared when he asked me that but…"

" But what?"

" But I denied it, I told him that Bryan wasn't his child."

" Hmmm…"

" Then he showed me a picture that looked just like Bryan, he said he took this picture when he was younger, I knew before that Bryan resembled his father, but I didn't really think it was really his carbon copy, the picture looked just like Bryan…"

" This is serious, so what did you do?"

"Hmmm… I told him that fact tells us that everyone has at least seven people that resembled themselves in this life."

"what?!" Diamond laughed at the statement her sister just said, " do you think he's a fool?"

"I know he isn't a fool, I just used it to buy time…"

" And did he believe it?"

" Ahn ahn, no he didn't, he still questioned me why I didn't tell him about Bryan but I ran, I escaped from him, and here I am. I'm so scared."

" What do you plan to do now?"

" I don't know, recently Bryan has been asking me about his daddy, even though I warned him not to, he still did, he met with Charles one particular day in school and since then he kept on asking me who Charles was. I tried brushing it off but Bryan persisted, and when I tried to hide it from mom when he was about telling her, he didn't even budge, the young boy just spilled everything out to mom. Now I don't even know what to do, I feel like I'm a bad person for keeping them apart, but what can I do? I'm so scared…"

"Hmmm… is the picture the only proof he has?"

" I think so, he didn't show me anything apart from his picture…"

" Did Charles look so convinced when he claimed Bryan as his child?"

" Yes, very much convinced that I was even tempted to spill the truth."

" Then spill it!"

" What?!"

" Yes spill it or this will turn into what you fear the most," Diamond warned.

" But what if I deny it more, I'm the one that got Pregnant right? What if I deny his claims?"

" I feel this Charles isn't the same Charles you knew ten years ago, people change. I'm sure he will do everything in his power to get his child, he wouldn't take your word for it, I just have this feeling that he won't back down anytime soon, be prepared, I'm even positive he would do a test, a DNA test to prove it, Rose, be careful, it's better you spill the truth now before it gets out of hand."