56

Rose entered her car and zoomed off, with one location on her mind. Charles' house. She would go to his house and amend everything that she had scattered. She knew Charles was very much angry with her and she can do anything to get him back, anything possible. She loves him and she had missed him terribly. Charles was the only man that she had loved romantically. He was her missing rib, the sugar in her tea. She would do anything to get him back because she knew that their relationship had been ordained even in heaven. So who was she to break it?

By the time she reached his house, she honked so that the gateman would open the gate for him.

"Ah! Madam, oga no dey around o." [Ah! Madam, Boss is not around.] The gateman said.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes madam, he don come, but he don go out again and since then, he never come back." [Yes madam, he came back but he went out again and hasn't come back since then.]

"Alright then."

"Abi, make I still open the gate for you?" [Or should I still open the gate for you?"

"No don't worry, or better still, open the gate, let me enter."

"Okay." Then he opened the gate and Rose entered the compound. As she drove in, her eyes caught the statue that he created for her.

"And who said that he didn't love her anymore? Charles is still in love with me, I just have to make him not angry anymore." She said to herself then packed the car. She came out of her car and made her way to the statue to admire it more. It was really beautiful, so this was how Charles saw her? This was indeed a beautiful masterpiece. She brought out her phone and took a picture of the statue. After admiring the statue, she made her way to the door pressed in his passcode, opened the door, and entered the house. She needed to cook food for him so that he won't be hungry by the time he was back.

She entered the kitchen to cook his favorite food which was Semovita and Ofensala. She brought out the ingredients from the kitchen cabinets, she remembered when they shopped for these groceries and smiled. Then they were happy until she spoilt it. Charles had really tried his best to be lenient with her and had also played a good role as a lover and father, so why did she take him for granted? Was it because she knew he would forgive her once she says so? Was it because she knew once she begs him, he would easily forgive her?

It was about an hour later that she was through with the preparation of the food. She checked the time and saw that it was already after seven and Charles wasn't back home. Where was he? Sensing that he wouldn't come back soon, she made her way t the living room to watch something to keep herself busy and less worried. She didn't want to spoil the surprise by calling him, so she switched on the television and watched a movie from African magic.

* * * * *

"Son, you didn't get to tell us how you had your child," Peter asked.

After the dinner he had with Rose's mother and his son, he went straight to his parents' house.

"Yes o, and you said he is nine years old. Right?" Evelyn asked.

"Yes, mom. Rose got pregnant while still in school."

"That means you got a girl pregnant and ran away? Was that the reason you ran away?" His mom asked.

"No mom. I didn't."

"You didn't what? You didn't get her pregnant?" His dad asked.

"No... I did. But I didn't know she was pregnant then."

"So why did you run away? Why did you suddenly decide to study abroad?" His mom asked.

"I had issues with her, and I was the one that hurt her, then I heard that she wouldn't come back to school, that she had dropped out, if I knew that it was because of her pregnancy, I wouldn't have traveled abroad. I thought it was because of what I did to her that's why she dropped out of school."