54

Rose's heart skipped a bit as she heard the word Charles had just said.

"You say what?" She asked again, wanting to be sure of what she heard.

"Rose, I've agreed to break up with you."

"But Charles..."

"Rose, this is what you want, right?"

"Yes... But that was before, now I don't want that."

"Well, it's already too late, I've made up my mind Rose, and that's it. Rose, I've got to go, bye." Then he cut the call.

"What happen?" Susan asked Rose immediately she put down the phone, with a look of confusion on her face.

"I... I don't still understand what happened too." Rose muttered.

"As in?"

"Charles broke up with me?" She asked instead of stating.

"Wait, Like, Charles broke up with you?" Susan asked to be sure cause it sounded absurd in her ears, "Are you sure of what you're saying, right now?"

"Charles... He broke up with me. He broke up with me." Rose said and burst out crying.

"Jesus! This is extremely serious. How come? Why did Charles break up with you?"

"How will I know, the last time we spoke, he said he would give me space to rethink that he doesn't agree to break up with me, so what changed his mind? Does it mean that Charles doesn't love me anymore?"

"I don't think so, maybe he's still angry about how you casually broke up with him. I know Charles, at least I can say I know him, he's so in love with you."

"That I'm not so sure. Did he really travel for a business meeting? Did he? Has he already gotten tired of me now that we've slept together?" Rose asked rhetorically.

"You've slept together?" Susan asked, with a smile on her face.

"That's not the problem now, Susan. Charles has broken up with me. What will I do with my life now? What?" She cried.

"Sorry dear, sorry. This is what I was trying to tell you, that you shouldn't take him for granted. Now see? Ehn? Don't worry, everything would be alright." Susan consoled her.

"I still can't believe it. I still can't."

"Everything will be alright. Everything will be. Don't worry."

* * * * *

Charles stared at the phone as if wishing that Rose was here with him, he was already terribly missing her, but he got to do this. He has to. He recalled the words he whispered to Adam.

"I will agree to break up with her, instead of making her super jealous, I would just make myself scarce to her. I would not make it easy for her to win me back." He was more than willing to do that.

His cell phone brought him out of his reverie.

"Hello." He greeted.

"Hello, Charles. I heard you're back." He heard a familiar lady's voice.

"Please who is this?"

"Charles... I can't believe that you have forgotten me so easily." The lady said.

"I'm sorry if I did, but can you please tell me your name?" Charles asked already getting irritated.

"Okay, it's your lover, Audrey." The lady said and Charles remembered.

"Ooohhh! Audrey, how are you?"

"I'm good, since you're back, why don't we meet?" She asked and Charles nodded his head forgetting that she can't see him.