55

A week later, Charles came back and the first thing he did as soon as he arrived back in Nigeria was to pick up his son from school. He made his way to the school premises and saw as other parents came to pick up their children. He sighted Rose's mom who was with Bryan and walked faster to meet them.

"Good evening ma." He greeted.

"Ehen good evening, how are you?" Success asked him, happy and surprised that Charles was here. She heard that he had traveled for a business meeting, and through that, he accepted the breakup that her daughter had proposed. She knew that it wasn't his fault and she felt pity for how her daughter had treated him. She couldn't blame him for accepting the breakup, because he is also a human that has feelings.

"I'm fine ma."

"Dadddyyyy!" Bryan squealed and hugged his dad, "When did you come back?" He asked, he had always been conversing with his dad through the iPad that his dad gifted him when they met officially, that was how he knew that his dad had traveled, but he didn't tell his mom since he had promised his dad that he would keep it a secret.

"I just came back now."

"You missed me that much?"

"Yes son, I missed you so much," Charles said, meaning it. He did not also miss Bryan, he also missed Rose, terribly.

"So where are we going?" Bryan asked.

"Mother, let me drop you home, then I'd take Bryan out, or better still, let me take the two of you out."

"You don't need to bother, son." Success said and was surprised as she said the word son, smoothly without hesitation.

"Mom, I would definitely bother. Please let's go."

"But I brought my car, how will it work?"

"Alright let's meet at Evelyn's comestible. You know it, right?"

"Yes, son. I do."

"Alright, I'd meet you there."

"Dad, I want to follow you," Bryan said.

"Bryan, you can follow your father, I'd go alone since you want to ditch me."

"Grandma, it's not like that, I just miss my dad and I want to be with him longer."

"Alright kiddo, I was just kidding, I'd meet you there, okay?"

"Okay, Grandma." And she left. Bryan followed his dad inside his car. "So, dad?"

"Yes, son."

"When last did you talk to mummy?"

"Ummm... Why?"

"I just want to know."

"That was about last week I talked to your mom last."

"Why? You're angry with mummy? Because she broke up with you?" Bryan asked.

"Why did you say that? And how did you know?" Charles asked baffled.

"I overheard grandma and mummy talk, I don't know why she did what she did."

"That's an adult matter. You don't need to bother yourself about it, okay?"

"But why won't I? You both are my parents, if you guys didn't come back together, it would definitely affect me." Bryan said sadly.

"Affect you? Bryan, nothing would affect you, you are my child, you are our child, whatever indifference we have, we will make sure that it doesn't affect you, alright?"

"Yes, dad."

"Now don't be sad anymore. Everything will be alright."

"But dad..."