47

The grocery shopping that wasn't supposed to take time took about an hour because of the untimed meeting between Sapphire and Charles before they finally reached home.

"That was exhausting," Rose muttered as they entered the house.

"I know right." Charles agreed.

"Mom, I'm hungry!" Bryan announced.

"Okay Bryan, let me go prepare something quick. What should I prepare?"

"I want indomie and fried egg," Bryan said.

"Should we just cook indomie and egg this afternoon?"

"Emmm... Yes, let's do that since Bryan is so hungry."

"Okay then, indomie and egg it is."

"Let me join you in the kitchen."

"No, please. No. I can cook alone, it's just indomie."

"Still... Let me assist, do you know I've never seen you cooking before?"

"Really?" Rose gasped, pretending as if she was surprised.

"See this one. Bryan, go and watch TV, I and your mom will prepare food for you, okay?"

"Let me join you also," Bryan suggested.

"No, it's not possible. We are too many, you go and watch cartoon, while I assist your mom, okay?"

"Okay, daddy." Bryan obeyed and made his way back to the living room.

"Now, where were we?" Charles asked as soon as Bryan left.

"It's just indomie, I don't know why you want to assist me."

"I want to assist my beautiful fiancee." He said holding her waist, his front to her back.

"Who's your fiancee?" Rose asked, bringing out the pot she would use to cook.

"You nau."

"I don't see any ring on my finger, so that means I'm not yet attached to you, I can still flirt with other men." Rose teased.

"You dare not."

"Why? I'm not attached to you. So I still have my freedom, I'm still a lady with a cute little child."

"I said, you dare not. You want to leave me for other men? I will skin those men alive." Charles said angrily which made Rose extremely surprised.

"Wow! Wow! Hold it there, no violence, please. I was just joking."

"Please don't joke with words like that. If you want I would propose now." Charles removed the ring on his finger and knelt on his knees.

"Geez stand up!" By this time, she had already put the noodles on the fire.

"Marry me, Rose." He proposed.

"Charles, get up."

"I won't until you agree to marry me."

"Then you're ready to stay there all day."

"But..."

"Charles, get up. I won't accept this hasty proposal. I want it to be... Special." Rose said.

"Okay then, but at least accept this one," Charles said with all seriousness in him.

"No, get up, Charles."

"Rose..."

"Charles get up." She faced the noodles she was cooking to check if it was ready, but it hasn't even started boiling.