15

CHARLES' APARTMENT
MONDAY, 8:23 A.M

Charles' threw a punch at Martins, and another, and another as martins reciprocated which later broke into a fistful fight.

"Stop it, you guys!" Rhema yelled as he tried separating the boys. "just stop it!" the boys later heed the advice of Rhema and stopped.

"What's wrong with you guys?" Rhema asked them.

"Don't ask such a stupid question, didn't you read the article?" Charles asked Rhema.

"I did... but that doesn't mean you guys should kill yourselves, we came here to solve the problem not to fight, didn't we?" he then faced Martins, "what you did man, wasn't nice at all, at least you could have given us a heads up"

"Shutup! A heads-up? So you will try talking me out of it? Pssft!"

"How did you even know that I slept with her? How?"

"I always have my ways" Martins laughed.

"You've done your worst! Now, take down the post!" Charles ordered gravely.

"I won't and besides, the whole school already knows about it, how you fxcked and dumped Rose Nkem, poor, innocent Rose... tsk tsk tsk" Martins spat out which led to another fight.

"You know fighting won't solve anything Charles. Rose already has another image of you, a bad image at that, instead of you finding a way to erase it, try to make her believe you, you're fighting?" Rhema reasoned.

"Then what do you think I can do?" Charles asked as he breathed heavily.

"Try to talk to her, make her understand that you don't have anything to do with the article"

"But you have something to do with the bet... no matter what you try to tell her, she won't believe you, you used her and dumped her, period! You should be happy, hero" Martins spat again and this time it was Rhema who slapped him.

"Shut the fxck up, Martins. Shut up! How could you do that? How could you?"

"C'mon keep shut! What's so bad if he fxcked her? What's so bad about that? He used to do it before and never gave a damn about it, so what's so special about her?!"

"I love her dimwit! She's the love of my life, I know it may sound cheesy but I can't live without her." Charles confessed.

"Then you didn't succeed as the article said, you didn't because the bet was to make Rose fall in love with you, fxck her and dump her, not you also falling in love with her. Since you failed, I should probably tell her the truth, the whole truth."

"You dare not!" came the put-out response of Charles and Rhema.

"Then I don't want to see you going to Rose and begging for forgiveness, leave her alone! Leave her let her suffer the pain her father put my dad and my family into, she should at least sacrifice for her family, right?"

"You're insane Martins, insane!" Charles roared.

"Yes, I know I am, don't worry, new gossip will arise and before you realize it, this will be gone, goldefame never sleeps."

"Get the fxck out of my apartment!"

"Geez, what got your pants man, I will, you don't need to alert the whole neighborhood." with that said, Martins left with a bang from the door.

"I hate him! Fxck!" Charles cussed.

"Same here," Rhema agreed. "The guy just wanted revenge and he used you for the revenge, now Rose reputation has been tainted black. Call her." He advised. Charles brought out his phone from his pocket and dialed Rose's number, it rang but she didn't pick up. He dialed it again, and yet she didn't pick.