32

"I'm honoured you decided to accept my request on this dinner date, although I can't fathom why you refused me to pick you up." Charles said as they were both seated in the elegant restaurant.

"You're welcome," she replied, "and we've not gotten to that, yet." She concluded.

Charles smiled as she said the word 'yet', to him, it meant that they would get to that stage someday, and that made him ecstatic. "Alright Rose."

"So... Why the sudden dinner date?"

"Look Rose, I have no ultimate reason for asking you out, I just... I just wanted to see your beautiful face. By the way, you look absolutely beautiful and gorgeous, Rose." He complimented.

"Oh! Thank you very much, you too." He looked dashing, so handsome, he wore a white shirt that clung to his chest and she could see his bulging muscles popping out, threatening to tear the shirt off. It was as if the shirt was small on him, but it wasn't. She had the urge to run her fingers through his chest but snapped out of it. That was a dangerous zone and she vividly remember that was what led to something ten years ago, which led to another and then, pregnancy.

"I look absolutely beautiful too?" He joked.

"You know what I mean," she glared at him and he laughed, already enjoying the date.

A waiter came to their table to collect their order.

"What would you like to order?" The waiter asked him.

"Anything the lady orders." Charles replied and faced Rose.

"You sure?" She asked him.

"Yes, I'm sure."

"And what if I order just a glass of water?"

"Then it's their loss, cause I plan to spend a fortune today."

"And why would you spend a fortune, just on a dinner date?"

"Because it's a special dinner date, Rose and I want everything to be special."

"But money won't make it special."

"Yes, but your time is special to me, you with me today, here, I don't want to ever forget it."

The waiter was already getting impatient, "Ma, please don't order water, so he can spend that fortune." The waiter spoke up and Rose laughed.

"Alright then, bring us Steak frite." She ordered simply.

"And a bottle of Bosca Toselli, please." Charles added.

"Alright sir, ma'am, your order coming right up!" And with that the waiter left to get their order.

"So, what's the purpose of this dinner date? Is it about Bryan?"

"Like I've said before, I have no ultimate reason for this da–"

"No, Charles , let's be honest with each other, well if you have no ultimate reason, I do and I hope we settle it in a civilized manner."

"Settle what, Rose?"

"The fact that I'm sure you would love to see my, your, our son, I'm sure you want to visit him and tell him the truth, that you're his father."

"Well... That's true, I'd be so honoured if you do that, Rose."

"If I'm being sincere, I don't want you to visit him or see him or even tell him that you're his father."

"And why?"

"Because..."

"You are aware I didn't know anything about your pregnancy right? You blocked me and I tried every possible means to contact you but I still couldn't find you, if I knew you were pregnant, I wouldn't dare leave you alone, Rose, you know that, I love you so much to do that to you."