22

Rose was finding it difficult to get a place to park her car cause everywhere in the parking lots was filled with different kinds of expensive cars. She heaved a sigh of relief as she saw a spot near a very expensive Rolls-Royce car. She drove as far as she could to claim the spot before anyone would overtake her. This is it. She thought as she forced her legs to move into the sophisticated restaurant.

"A reservation under Mr.Baron, please?" She asked a waitress who directed her up the stairs to a room.

"Ma, this is it."

"Alright." She knocked once before opening the door, "I'm really sorry for being late, I was so busy parking my ca--" She paused as her eyes landed on the second male seated beside the person she assumed would be Mr. Baron.

What was he doing here? Why was he here? What is going on? She thought to herself, her emotions scattered as she stared, dumbstruck at the man that she thought she would never see again in her entire life. Was life playing a trick at her? How could this be? At least, she should have been prepared before meeting him, this was so sudden. So so sudden, she never heard any news about his return, so why was he in the meeting she was supposed to attend with Mr. Baron, the secretary of the chairman, why?

"No problem ma'am Rose, you weren't late after all," the person she assumed was the Mr. Baron spoke up bringing her out of her thoughts.

"Ma'am Rose, this is Mr. Charles, the CEO of Tuppel and also the son of the founder. Mr. Charles, this is miss Rose, the managing director of Richson Tech. She is the one in charge of the creation of the company's website. And I am Mr. Baron." Baron introduced but he was surprised as the two just stared at each other, no one talking but he could see in their stares that they knew each other. He cleared his throat and the two turned their attention to him.

"Yes yes, nice to meet you, Mr. Baron and you too, Mr... Mr. Charles." Rose greeted, her hands outstretched for a handshake and a professional smile on her face.

"Nice to meet you too, Rose," Charles replied in a gruff voice and acknowledged her handshake, his eyes not leaving her face. He was happy but didn't let it show on his face. He stared at her, trying to find a hint of familiarity in her, a hint to show that she missed him terribly, but he found none. What he could see on her face was surprise and anger, masked with questions, questions he was willing to answer if she opened her heart to him. He couldn't believe his luck, he had found her, just two days after his return to Nigeria. He was willing to search the whole of Nigeria just to find her but here she was, staring at him, looking so beautiful that he couldn't take his eyes off her. Her shoulder-length hair had been braided and packed neatly into a bun atop her head. She was dressed in a navy blue blouse and a grey pencil skirt making her curves prominently visible molding her body perfectly and sexy. She was sexy. Her lips, despite the years, were still pink and looked delectable and very succulent.

Rose released her hands from his and sat down on the seat opposite his and he did the same. She refused to make eye contact with him anymore because even though she was very much angry with him, she still found him very attractive, her heart which had been stilled ten years ago, immediately came into action as soon as she saw him. It was as if her heart was meant to beat only for him. He was looking so handsome, his shoulders that she loved to lay on were now impressive so were his arms.

He was looking so sexy that she almost wanted to ravish him because after him, she hadn't had any sexual contact with any man, for good ten years, so seeing him had already made her horny that she started thinking perverted thoughts, thoughts that she hadn't thought of since her pregnancy. Geez, what was wrong with her? Why was he looking so handsome and sexy even after ten years, why? Just his presence was already making her professional self nervous, but she has to be strong, not only for her but for her son.