5

CHARLES' APARTMENT
THE PARTY
SATURDAY 12:39am.

He moved closer to her, closer and closer till their lips were about one centimeter close, then he took her lips and starting kissing her, slow and soft, and soft, and soft. She was enjoying it. It felt like heaven, then he stopped and released her. He stared at her and winked which made her blush.

"Congratulations." Rhema said.

"Congratulations on your first kiss." Susan said and she glared hard at her.

"You guys should free her na." Martin's intervened and everyone stopped.

"My turn!" It was Charles who talked. He spun the bottle and it faced a fair boy. "Truth or dare Lekan?"

"Dare." Lekan dared and Charles said;

"I dare you to take off your T-shirt and show us your six-packs if you have one." Lekan took off his shirt and indeed he had six-packs, the girls gasped and some whistled. A bold girl stood up from her spot and touched his nipple, Lekan was dazed as the girl continued massaging it until he had a boner.

"There are rooms there, you guys don't do a thing here." Charles warned and people stood up putting a stop to the game. The fair bold girl and Lekan ran upstairs finding themselves a room and Rose shuddered.

Youths of nowadays, she thought and shook her head. The party has come to an end, the music has stopped but she could still see some people, boys and girls in pairs talking and laughing as they entertained each other, she even saw Rhema and Susan who continued their episode of kiss on the same sofa Susan recently danced on. She was shocked as she felt a hand envelop her waist.

"Hey gorgeous." Her heart thumped cause she knows it's no other person than him that calls her that.

"hey, Charles."

"What's up?"

"I was just about to call Susan so we can go back to the hostel."

"Alright, call her so I can drop you guys." He said and she release herself from his grip. She went to meet the duo who couldn't keep their mouths to themselves.

"Hey! Suzy let's go. You can continue that later." Instead they continued, ignoring her presence until Susan gently pushed Rhema off her.

"Bye babe."

"Bye! See you later today." Rhema responded and she dragged Susan away to meet with Charles who'd take them back to the hostel before 1am, They'd have to beg the security man to allow them in.

CHARLES' APARTMENT
SUNDAY 3:02PM

"Hey man! We are coming." Rhema informed Charles who was busy with his assignment.

"Kay," Charles responded as he focused on his attention on his book as Rhema hung up. Soon the attention was focused on the door as he saw his other two friends into his apartment with confidence as if it was also theirs.

"Bro! Whassup man" Martin greeted.

"Xup!" Rhema greeted.

"Cool bro, what's popp'n, why the sudden visit?" Charles asked his two friends who were seated comfortably staring at him.

"Nothing, why don't we play some cards?" Martin suggested.

"No, no, no. You guys know where this would lead to right?" He tried reminding them but they seem unfazed by what he was driving at.

"Geez! It's just a game unless if you're sure you'd lose again." Rhema retorted.

"Alright, let's play." The three boys gathered round Charles' center table and started playing the game 'whot whot'. The rule of the game says everyone who fails shall be entitled to a bet, if the so called loser refuses to do as the other two had told him to do, he would face the punishment which would be determined by the winner. The last two times they played, the first loser was Martin and he was dared to sleep with Candy, a girl well known by guys in the school and to Martin that was a very easy task and he did as he was told and avoided the punishment which was to slap their course adviser. The second loser was also Martin and he also passed that too. The third loser was Rhema, he was told to finger-fxck Susan at the last party, he succeeded and he avoided the punishment which was to send his nudes to their faculty dean. 

"Semi card." Martin's said as he dropped a card on the pile of others. Charles was also having semi card, so he took the request card and placed it on the pile of cards.

"Give me circle." He told Martin who played a circle with a number two.

"Pick two and last card." Martin told him. He groaned as he picked the two. The two cards he picked weren't even helping matters, all were just stars. He stared at his three cards wishing he was Rhema who won at the first round.

Martin smiled and played his last card, which was a number two square, "check up." Charles groaned as Martin said that word, he loved to be the one saying it.

"I've lost. Damn! What do you guys want from me, what's the bet?" He asked wanting to get it over and done with.

"Okay!" Rhema spoke up. "We finally have our loser and it was who we wanted it to be."

"Yeah!" Martin agreed.

"Who or what are we betting on? " Charles asked irritated.

"Chill man,"Martin cautioned, "Okay, here's the thing, it's about what happened twelve years ago..." That got Charles attention.

"And what about it? How does twelve years ago relate with this bet" Charles asked frowning.

"We did a background check on Rose, because you seemed very interested in her, remember after what happened, you kept on using girls, changing girls like trash but when it came to her, you treated her special, so we did a background check on her and figured she was the girl... Why did you keep this from us? " Rhema asked him.

"I thought you guys have forgotten about it seeing as you're enjoying your studies here." He said which made Martins and Rhema furrow their eyebrows at him. " Okay, fine, I came to this school because of her and pretended to not know her so I can get closer to her, to check-up on her, to see how she's fairing after the whole chaos."

" So why didn't you tell her anything?"

"Rhema, no one is saying anything about what happened twelve years ago to her, okay?" Charles said gravely.

"but it's not fair to her, it's not fair"

" It's for the best, she doesn't remember me at all, she doesn't remember anything that has to do with what happened twelve years ago"

" And how did you know? Did you ask her?" Rhema asked

" I didn't, but I'm sure, because if she remembers, she would surely hate me, she just sees me as some rich guy that just got admission and is willing to spend, nothing more and this is just how I want it to be, I would make it up to her."

" But I hate her, I hate her!" Martins bursted, " don't you remember what her family did to mine?..."

Don't forget to vote and comment. Your engagement means so much to me.

Also follow naijasugaplum so that you'll be the first to know when a new update arrives!