8

GOLDEN FAME UNIVERSITY
LADY DEBORAH'S HALL
ROOM 301
MONDAY 8:03 P.M

Rose entered the room feeling so tired and happy, the date had been perfect, she never knew Charles was such a gentleman, yet it seemed he liked the Playboy reputation he had.

"Madam, welcome back from your date, hope those poly bags I'm seeing is for us." Miriam asked as soon as she sat on her bed.

"Yes, I got it for you guys."

"Wow cool, like you got seven takeaway packs filled with sumptuous meals together with correct chicken lap, mehn, that Charles is sure a rich boy." Lizzy commented as she tooks her share of the food.

"How I wish I have a rich boyfriend too." Amanda chirped in.

"Rose thank you for the free food o" Martha, 400 level student of which Rose don't know her department appreciated.

"Thank you Rose, the food is delicious, maybe you should go out with the rich boy again." Evelyn said, another roommate of hers. The door to the room opened and a chocolate skinned lady walked in sniffing the air.

"I smell chicken, who's throwing a party, why is everyone with takeaway, where is mine?" The lawyer in practice in the room known as Chidera asked.

"It's Rose o, she got this for us as she came back from her date, see yours."

"Wow! Thanks dearie, so our little Rose now has a boyfriend, sweet heavens."

Rose noticed that she hasn't seen her best friend yet.

"Where is Susan?" She asked.

"Um Susan? It's true, where is she? I haven't seen her since today" Chidera asked.

" She went out to meet someone, I don't know the person though" Lizzy replied.

" Hmmm, Susan Susan, Maybe she went on a date too but this time secretly." Lizzy suspected.

" Aiit, I'll just  keep hers" Rose concluded as she sat on her bunk bed, Susan would probably tell her where she went to when she return.

Later, as she was eating, her phone vibrated indicating a message. She picked it and read it, it was a message from him, she chuckled as she saw she hasn't changed his name.

Pickup line: Hey

Rose: Hey yourself

Pickup line: Come online.

She switched on her data and opened her WhatsApp. He had already sent a voice note. She downloaded it and played it, putting on her i9s air pod.

Pickup line: Um... Thanks for today, it was splendid. I really enjoyed it.

Rose: me too

Pickup line: Are you busy? Cause I want to video call you

Rose: what? No, I mean yes. I'm busy. You just saw me like an hour ago.

Pickup line: well I want to see your beautiful face again, I'm already missing you. Lemme call.

That statement made her blush. He was missing her. She picked up his call at the first ring.

"But you know you can see me tomorrow Charles, right now, I'm busy I have to read my book you know" she said immediately after picking up the call.

"Yeah right, I forgot I was dating a bookworm. Okay let me not disturb you now that I've heard your voice, but I hope we shall see tomorrow." Disappointment evident in his tone.

"Obviously we shall see, or aren't you coming for the class?"

"what class Biko?"Rose couldn't believe he had forgotten about the class.

"PHS 214"

"shit! It's true o, I haven't even done the assignment. Have you done yours?"

"why ? Do you want me to send you answers?" She replied even though she knows she hadn't even done her own assignment.

"If you have, you can."

"I'm sorry, I've not." she was hoping to dub the answers from Susan.

"But it's due tomorrow morning, by eight A.M."

"I  plan on doing it this night though" she said knowing it was a lie, ofcourse she can't tell Charles she's hoping to dub. How would she look in his eyes, he knows her as a bookworm but she didn't do the assignment all because of the said date.

"Overnight?"

"Yes"

"Where?"

"Where else apart from my hostel"

"Oh..."

"Oh...? What sort of response is that?"

"I was hoping you would invite me, I thought you were doing it at science, why not at science?"

" Because..."

"Let's do overnight together, at science. Should I pick you up or..."

" Alright, I'll meet you at science by 11pm."

" Noted. Bye girlfriend."

" I'm not your girlfriend"

" Why not?"

" Bye Charles" she smiled as she ended the call. Girlfriend ko, girlfriend ni. Mtcheww.

Just then the door to the room opened and in came Susan.

"Babe!!!" Susan shouted running over to her.

"Where have you been madam, I didn't see you when I came back." She asked Susan who looked at her guiltily.

"I was out."

"Where to?"

"I went to see Rhema, okay enough about me, how far your date?" Susan switched the topic as if trying to avoid something. She could see the guilt in her eyes.

"It was okay, oh," she picked up the polytene bag from under the bunk and gave Susan her share. "I brought this for you, I've given others theirs."

"From Charles?" Susan asked slightly squeezing her lips

"Ofcourse who else will this be from na, this is yours"

"Thanks" Susan collected it smiling guiltily.

"What happen?" She asked Susan.

"As in?"

"You're not happy"

"I am, I just heard something that I'm not supposed to know." Susan muttered softly.

" What did you say?"She asked.

" Nothing, nothing. Thanks for this though, you saved me from thinking of what I would eat this night." Susan oped the takeaway pack and smiled. " You chose the best" she gave Rose a thumbs up. " When, whatsup about that 214 assignment na, you don do am?"

" Noo, you never do am? Geez, and here I was thinking I'd dub from you. Chaii, abeg koshilo jare. Somebody cannot even depend on you" Rose said jokingly.

" Make we do am this night na."

" This night, I'm going out for overnight."

" With Charles?" Susan asked suspiciously.

" Yes, why?"

" Nothing, nothing."

" Come babe, whatsup with this suspicious attitude?" She asked Susan getting fed up.

" don't you think this is going to fast? You know he's a playboy, just be careful with him alright."

" Babe, you think say I no no, I'll be careful. Trust me. It's just overnight na."

" Yeah, sha when you finish doing the assignment, send answers make I dub."

" Na you Sabi. Abegi shift." Rose laughed. " Olodo."

 A/N: Thank you for stopping by to read this book. Please don't forget to vote, comment and share. Positive comments please. Thanks guys. ILYSSM🥰🥰

Also don't forget to follow me so that you'll be the first to know when a new update is released!