•No One Who Loves•

As Jisoo gazed at the pedestrians on the sidewalk from the passenger seat, Haein drove in silence, careful not to press her with questions

As Jisoo gazed at the pedestrians on the sidewalk from the passenger seat, Haein drove in silence, careful not to press her with questions. Despite his concern for her well-being, he acknowledged their strictly professional relationship. He was just her boss, and she, his employee. Yet, there was an undeniable bond between them, as he had a very good sense of who she was in his bed. Haein's hands tightened on the wheel as a sigh escaped him, feeling a twinge of frustration over their current predicament.

On the contrary, Jisoo found solace in the fact that he no longer had to question further. He remained silent for the entire journey back to the company. However, it didn't escape her notice when Haein failed to make the left turn towards the company and continued straight ahead. A frown appeared on her face as she observed this unexpected deviation.

"Where are you going?" Jisoo inquired, her expression filled with confusion. Haein turned his gaze towards Jisoo, his movements deliberate and measured.

"I'm heading to the pharmacy to pick up your prescribed medication," Haein replied. Jisoo's smile grew slightly, and she gazed at him with a tender expression.

"Thank you... Sajangnim. I truly appreciate it," she said gratefully. Haein continued to focus on the path ahead, nodding in acknowledgment without turning to face her.

"It's nothing," Haein replied, his attention fixed on the road ahead. After driving for approximately 15 minutes, Haein parked the car in front of the pharmacy and swiftly got out. Jisoo sensed a shift in his mood and felt a bit uneasy. She watched him as he made his way towards the pharmacy store.

Sigh

"Is he upset with me now?" Jisoo wondered, gently touching her upper arm. Initially relieved that he wouldn't question her further, she now considered that he might have been offended by their conversation at the hospital. Jisoo waited anxiously for about five minutes until she saw him returning.

"Here you go... please follow the instructions carefully... and make sure to take your medicine on time," Haein said as he handed over the small bag. Jisoo nodded slightly, showing her gratitude.

"Yes, Sajangnim, I will," Jisoo replied with a shy expression. As Haein started the car and drove off, Jisoo noticed him stealing occasional glances at her. She smiled softly when she unexpectedly caught his eye.

"What is it? I can tell you have something on your mind," Jisoo said. Haein smiled slightly and then turned his gaze back towards Jisoo.

"I... think you should take the day off... I really want you to get some rest," Haein said, glancing quickly at the road ahead. Jisoo nibbled on her bottom lip, then smiled warmly at his suggestion.

"I'm fine... really... I can still work today," Jisoo insisted. Haein smiled once more and quickly glanced back at her.

"I'm serious... I don't want you to work for the rest of the day... if that's the reason why you missed so many days of work... believe me, I understand now," Haein said. Jisoo's smile gradually faded.