Battered Feelings

Haein felt a strong urge to have a conversation with Jisoo regarding what she had seen in his office the day before. He needed her to understand that his actions were not a reflection of infidelity or a lack of seriousness about their burgeoning relationship. Unfortunately, the situation had become more complex now that Jisoo was not just an ordinary employee in his company. She was now the sister of his soon-to-be ex-wife and stepdaughter to Jicheol.

He remained perplexed by the situation. His thoughts were consumed with Jisoo's living situation and how she managed to take care of herself, especially now that he realized she was essentially alone. The memory of the man from before, who had given off the impression of being her boyfriend, lingered in his mind. Haein ran his hand through his hair in frustration as he gazed up at the ceiling, deep in contemplation.

"Ugh...why does everything have to be so complicated? My personal life is like a soap opera!" Haein muttered to himself. With a heavy sigh, he rose from his chair and exited his office. Striding through the hallway, he entered the elevator and descended to the floor below. As he passed by, his employees greeted him with respectful bows. Approaching Jisoo's office, he rapped lightly on the door to get her attention.

Disappointed by the lack of response from Jisoo, Haein furrowed his brow and cautiously pushed the door open. To his dismay, the office was empty. Letting out a resigned sigh, he shut the door quietly. Feeling at a loss, he stood there, unsure of his next move. As he pondered his options, he caught sight of Hanri approaching from the rear. Without hesitation, he made his way towards her.

"Hanri!" Haein called out as he approached her. Startled by his sudden appearance in front of her, Hanri swiftly bowed in respect.

"Sajangnim?"she muttered. Haein smiled slightly and gestured for her to walk with him to a more secluded area.

"Hanri... did Jisoo not come to work today?" he inquired in a hushed tone. Hanri's eyes widened in surprise as she quickly shook her head.

"No, on the contrary, Sajangnim, she's here!" Hanri exclaimed. Haein's brow furrowed slightly as he fixed his gaze firmly on her.

"Then... where is she... she's not in her office!" Haein replied.

" Jisoo is working in the financial department today... that's why she's not in her office," Hanri explained. Haein had a sudden realization that Jisoo was also interning in the financial department. It all started to make sense to him.

"Oh... I completely forgot... Thank you for informing me. Could you please let her know that I need to speak with her in my office once she's finished? It's quite important," Haein requested. Hanri appeared slightly taken aback but nodded slowly in acknowledgment.

"I understand,... I will make sure to inform her," Hanri replied, bowing as Haein began to walk back to his office. However, as he attempted to focus on his work, his thoughts kept drifting back to Jisoo. Eventually, he picked up his phone and tried calling her. Despite it being 3 in the afternoon, she did not answer any of his calls. Frustration crept in as he slammed his hands on the desk and let out a heavy sigh. Feelings of anger, disappointment, and a sense of defeat washed over him as he grappled with the realization that everything he desired seemed out of reach or slipping away.

In an instant, he heard a soft knock at the door. His eyes widened with anticipation, hoping it was Jisoo. Slowly, he stood up, his gaze fixed intently on the door.

"Come in!" he called out, and to his relief, it was indeed Jisoo standing before him. She closed the door gently and bowed without meeting his eyes. When she lifted her head, he noticed the somber expression on her face.

"Sajangnim..I was informed that you needed to speak with me," Jisoo said in a monotone voice. Haein clenched his fists as he noticed her indifferent demeanor. He swiftly moved away from his desk towards her, causing Jisoo's eyes to widen in panic.