Fighting Back

It had been a week since Jisoo sought refuge in Haein's condominium, finding solace and security within its walls

It had been a week since Jisoo sought refuge in Haein's condominium, finding solace and security within its walls. Despite the comfort of being away from Heungmin, the looming threat he posed still gnawed at her, casting a shadow of unease over her stay. Jisoo couldn't shake the feeling of anxiety that clung to her, knowing deep down in her core that Heungmin would always remain a danger to her and her loved ones.

Haein continued to show unwavering support for Jisoo during her stay at his condominium, respecting her need for privacy and not pressing her with questions about her past experiences at the club. Recognizing the danger that man posed, Haein went above and beyond to ensure Jisoo's safety by allowing her to work from home, knowing that her workplace could potentially be compromised. Jisoo felt a deep sense of gratitude towards Haein for his selfless actions in protecting her during this tumultuous time.

Unbeknownst to Jisoo, Haein was not content to simply stand by and watch as she navigated the threat looming over her. Determined to ensure her safety and well-being, Haein took action behind the scenes. With her best interests at heart, he reached out to his younger brother, signaling the beginning of a plan to provide Jisoo with the peace of mind and security she deserved.

"Hello, what can I get you??" The waitress asked, approaching Haein's table. Startled momentarily, Haein quickly composed himself and flashed a warm smile in response.

"Oh...uh...an iced americano, please...thanks!" Haein placed his order, watching as the waitress nodded and hurried back to the counter. Sitting in a cafe near his brother's prosecution office, he glanced at his watch, noting that his brother was already 10 minutes late.

"Haejun, where are you?!" Haein muttered under his breath, growing increasingly concerned. Suddenly, he caught sight of his brother entering the cafe with one of his subordinates in tow.

"Just sit over there and order whatever you want, I need to have a word with my brother," Haejun instructed his apprentice before striding over to Haein's table.

"Hyung!!" Haejun exclaimed joyfully, pulling Haein into a tight hug. Haein returned the embrace, a warm smile spreading across his face.

"So happy to see you!" Haein exclaimed, his smile widening as they took their seats and locked eyes. Haejun couldn't help but notice the unease and stress etched on his older brother's face.

"Hyung, what's wrong? I thought we were going to discuss some legal matters regarding your company, but it seems like there's something else on your mind," Haejun voiced his concern, furrowing his brows as he observed his brother's perplexed expression.

"What do you mean?" Haein asked, puzzled by his brother's observation.

"Hyung, you only look this stressed and worried when it's about your son... Are you finally divorcing Goeun?" Haejun inquired, sensing the weight of the situation. Haein let out a heavy sigh and nodded in confirmation.