•Cursed•

~~~
Inner thoughts

Is a curse truly upon me?

Why does my every desire turn into a curse?

What sins did I commit in a past life to endure this?

All I yearn for is unconditional love.

Yet here I am, trapped in torment once more.

Why did you resurface in my existence?

I believed you were destined for prison, yet you triumphed.

Fear grips me.

Fear for my very existence.

But the terror of my own actions haunts me even more.

~~~

"Hello, I have a meeting scheduled at 9," Jisoo informed the secretary. The woman's gaze immediately shifted towards her.

"Are you a student?" inquired the woman with red glasses, chewing gum.

"Yes" Jisoo answered.

"What's your name?" the woman asked again, her lack of energy not escaping Jisoo's notice.

"Kim Jisoo" Jisoo uttered.

"Just... a moment... I will check the system," the woman uttered slowly. Jisoo felt her annoyance rise at the woman's sluggish and disinterested behavior.

"I'm... sorry... but... I see here... that... it has been canceled," the woman uttered. Jisoo smiled in utter disbelief.

"What?? How is it canceled??? I... I... I didn't cancel anything!!!" Jisoo exclaimed, frustration evident in her facial expressions. The woman narrowed her eyes and quickly bit the end of her pen.

"Mhhhh... it's what I see on the... screeeenn... Your... appointment... was... indeed canceled by the board!!" She uttered. Jisoo scoffed in anger.

"But how could you cancel without letting me know??? What on earth... I came here for nothing???" Jisoo exclaimed loudly, frustration evident in her voice. She pulled back her hair as she grew increasingly irritated by the woman's lack of interest. Just then, a man approached from the right and noticed the commotion at the front desk. He immediately walked over to see what was happening.

"What is going on here??" the man exclaimed. Jisoo turned her gaze towards the man.

"Hakgyojang, I had an appointment scheduled for today at 9, but it was canceled without any prior notice!" Jisoo explained. The man gazed at Jisoo intently, then suddenly realized that he was supposed to meet her today.

"Oh, Kim Jisoossi! Yes... We had a meeting scheduled for 9, but I canceled it. I did ask my secretary to call you yesterday to inform you," he explained. Jisoo smiled, feeling a mix of disbelief and utter shock.

"But I didn't receive any calls!!" Jisoo said sternly. The university director quickly averted his eyes towards the woman behind the desk.

"Seolhi?? You didn't call her to inform her about the cancellation??" He asked with a serious expression. She immediately tilted her head down in embarrassment.

"I deeply apologize, Hakgyojang! It completely slipped my mind," she confessed. The director let out a disappointed sigh and swiftly turned his gaze towards Jisoo. Without hesitation, he lowered his head in a bow to her.