The Righteous and The Wicked

The whirlwind of events unfolded so swiftly and unexpectedly that Haein found himself frozen, unable to process what was happening before his eyes. As he gazed at Jisoo's expression, a powerful wave of emotions overwhelmed his senses.

"Jisoo?" Haein uttered softly as he gradually regained his grasp on reality. Time seemed to slow down inexplicably as he gathered his thoughts. In a sudden surge of determination, Haein swiftly took charge of his body and dashed towards Jisoo with fervor.

"Jisoo!!!!"

"Are you okay? Please, answer me!" Haein pleaded as he reached out towards her face. The anguish etched on Jisoo's contorted features was a clear indication to everyone in the room that she was far from okay. Haein's heart sank as he noticed her reddened skin, a result of the scalding liquid that had spilled over her.

"PLEASE, SOMEONE CALL AN AMBULANCE!!!" Haein's voice echoed down the hallway as he urgently called out to the stunned staff behind him. Their faces reflected shock and disbelief. Jisoo's eyes widened in alarm upon hearing his plea for medical assistance.

"No!!"

"No... don't call an ambulance... ouch... ahh..." Jisoo winced in pain as she tried to protest.

"I don't need to go to the hospital... I'm fine!" she insisted, attempting to rise from the ground. But as she put weight on her injured ankle, she stumbled. Just in the nick of time, Haein caught her before she fell.

"Ouch... awww... aw... Oh my God... it hurts!!" Jisoo cried out in agony, standing on one foot. Haein was gripped by panic, struggling to comprehend the severity of her pain.

"What's wrong? Does your leg hurt? What is it!?" Haein asked with deep concern, his worry evident in his voice. Jisoo bit her bottom lip to suppress a pained cry, her injured ankle throbbing relentlessly. Unable to bear seeing her in agony any longer, Haein swiftly scooped her up without a word of warning. Jisoo gasped in surprise as she was swiftly carried out of the restaurant.

"Haein!! Haein... where... where are you taking me...?" Jisoo questioned, her gaze fixed on his determined expression. Without hesitation, he opened the passenger door and carefully settled her inside his car.

"Wait here... I will pay for the food and be back as soon as possible!" he spoke swiftly, closing the door before she could respond.

"Haein?!" Jisoo exclaimed in disbelief as she observed him dash back into the restaurant. She let out a deep sigh, her mind replaying the recent fall.

"How embarrassing! Ugh, I can't believe this!" Jisoo uttered in distress, covering her face in embarrassment. After a couple of minutes, Haein returned, opening the car door and sliding inside.

"Let's get your foot checked by a doctor now! And I won't accept any objections from you... do you hear me?!" Haein stated firmly, his tone serious as he swiftly started the car. Jisoo was left speechless, taken aback by his commanding manner.

Upon reaching the medical center, approximately 15 minutes later, Haein didn't waste a moment. He hurried to her side, lifting her up once more in a bridal carry as he made his way inside. Jisoo's shy eyes couldn't help but steal glances at his face every few seconds. She found herself flustered, feeling like a teenage girl all over again in his presence.

"Please, I need assistance right away... she injured her leg!" Haein urgently requested at the front desk. The woman behind the counter glared at him before turning to look at Jisoo.

"I'm afraid she will have to wait... there are others ahead of her in line!" she responded. Haein glanced behind him, noticing the empty waiting room. Furrowing his brow, his grip around Jisoo tightened, his frustration evident. Jisoo could sense his anger rising just by the expression on his face.