Expectations

With just a handful of days remaining in her internship at Shinyan Financial Group, Jisoo was filled with pure joy as she saw herself making significant progress in her studies. Graduating as a behavioral finance student was a dream she had nurtured for years, and with only one more year to go, she was eagerly anticipating the realization of her long-held aspiration.

Recently, Jisoo's life had been filled with vibrant colors and an overwhelming sense of euphoria. Haein played a significant role in this newfound happiness. He embodied the qualities she had always sought in a partner, and their relationship had never been stronger. In his presence, she felt completely at peace and content.

Despite the constant worry that Heungmin would continue to seek her out, Jisoo found solace in Haein's embrace every night. His presence provided her with a sense of security and comfort that helped to alleviate her anxiety. It was clear to her that she had formed a deep emotional bond with him, and at times, she was surprised by how reliant she had become on him. The realization that she struggled to function without him left her both bewildered and grateful for the unwavering support he provided.

Additionally, Jisoo felt a sense of joy for Haein as his relationship with his son, Jeonghun, began to improve gradually. Jeonghun was now spending more time with his father compared to before, bringing a smile to Haein's face. Witnessing Haein's happiness and the growing bond between father and son brought Jisoo immense relief and contentment.

At approximately three in the afternoon, Jisoo and Hanri were out on a work assignment together. Their task was to retrieve crucial documents from a partner company of Shinyan Financial Group, which they anticipated would be in abundance. Opting to use Jisoo's car for the task, the two colleagues set off to collect the necessary paperwork.

"OOMMMOO!! The sun is killing me...." Hanri exclaimed in frustration as she struggled with the heavy boxes containing documents, loading them into the car. Jisoo smiled sympathetically, also feeling the strain as she carefully placed each box into the vehicle.

"I can't believe they didn't even offer us some help! Ugh!" Jisoo exclaimed, sweat trickling down her face. She paused momentarily, reaching for a napkin in the car to wipe away the sweat. Meanwhile, Hanri let out a loud pant as she finally managed to place the last box inside the vehicle.

"Haaahhh....what a struggle......I never thought it was going to be this much," Hanri remarked, panting heavily as she expressed her surprise at the physical effort required for the task.

"Let's get inside the car to turn on the AC because I'm melting!" Jisoo exclaimed, heading straight for the driver's seat. Once inside, she promptly switched on the air conditioning and closed her eyes, reveling in the relief of the cool air. Meanwhile, Hanri sat in the passenger seat, fanning Jisoo's face to help her cool down.

"Ahhhhh, what a relief .........outside is hell...." Jisoo muttered, grateful for the respite from the sweltering heat. She reached for her makeup bag in the glove compartment and swiftly touched up her makeup. Meanwhile, Hanri glanced at the time and realized they still had time to grab a bite to eat, considering they hadn't taken a lunch break yet.

"We can go...eat somewhere...we still have some time," Hanri informed Jisoo. Jisoo smiled as she carefully placed the lipstick back inside her bag, looking forward to a well-deserved break to grab a bite to eat.

"Seriously?....oh okay, I'm really hungry to be honest. Where do we go??" Jisoo exclaimed excitedly, eager to satisfy her appetite.

"Mhhh...let's eat some pork belly ....I know a place!!" Hanri suggested. Jisoo's face lit up with a wide smile as she turned on the engine. In a flash, the two of them were off to the famous pork belly restaurant, eager to enjoy a delicious meal together.