Pleasing A Storm

The sensation she felt was simply incredible, one of the most wonderful in the entire world

The sensation she felt was simply incredible, one of the most wonderful in the entire world. Being enveloped in the arms of someone she held dear filled her with immense joy. In his embrace, she felt utterly safe and shielded, a sense of security she hadn't felt since she was merely sixteen years old. Leaning her head against his solid chest, she took comfort in the steady, reassuring rhythm of his heartbeat. A gentle smile graced her lips as she delicately traced her fingers across his chest, lost in the memories of their recent fiery night together.

Finding sleep elusive, Jisoo lay nestled beside him in bed, her gaze drifting towards the window that unveiled the night sky. The moon's pristine radiance held her spellbound, its beauty taking her by surprise. As her eyes traveled to the far corner of the room, she realized it was nearly 2 o'clock in the morning.

"How did we find ourselves in this situation? Me falling for you and you falling for me? If I'm completely honest, deep down, I longed for it! But everything changed when he resurfaced in my life! With him back, I'm afraid I can't carry on like this, Haein!"

Watching Haein's tranquil sleeping face, Jisoo was overcome by a surge of fear. "I don't want to let go of you," she admitted silently to herself. Her affection for him had grown stronger with each passing day. With a sigh, she laid her head on his chest again, yearning to keep him close forever. However, Jisoo was aware that this perfect moment was temporary, and the harsh reality would soon come crashing in.

The unexpected ringtone of Jisoo's phone startled her awake, causing Haein to stir in bed at the sudden noise. A sense of foreboding washed over Jisoo, realizing there was only one person who would be calling her at this late hour. Urgently, she got out of bed and hurried to the kitchen counter where her phone was resting. Looking at the call, her heart seemed to stop as her eyes widened in fear at the caller's identity. In the bedroom, Haein sat up, noticing Jisoo's absence and the open door leading to the kitchen. Alarmed, he swiftly got out of bed and made his way to where Jisoo stood, her face drained of color as she held the phone in a trembling hand.

"Jisoo... what's the matter??" Haein inquired, his voice laced with worry as he gently touched her pallid face. Her eyes shimmered with profound fear, stirring his own heart with a sense of unease.

"Haein!!! It's him! He's calling me... you need to leave!! NOW!!" Jisoo exclaimed loudly, swiftly making her way towards her room. Haein, bewildered by her urgent words, hurriedly followed her into the room.

"What do you mean?? Who is he? Jisoo??" Haein questioned with concern, observing her trembling as she put on her underwear. Without hesitation, he moved closer and gently held her face.

"Jisoo!! Please, wake up!!! Who is he?? And why is he calling??" Haein asked in frustration, his voice tinged with urgency. Jisoo tightly grasped Haein's arms, her expression contorted as she looked at him.

"Haein... please... I'll explain everything to you later but..." Jisoo began to speak when she abruptly heard Heungmin by the door outside. Her heart raced, her head spun, and her vision darkened as the sound of his footsteps filled her ears.