Postive

Mom came in my room and woke me up telling me to get dressed and meet her in the car. I got dressed checking the time it was 2pm I slept half the day away. Grabbing my phone and my keys locking the house.

I got into the car I buckling up my seatbelt mom hadn't said a word to me since I got in the car. I stared out the window then I turned to mom, "Where are we going." She kept her eyes on the road, "I made an appointment for you with Dr. Samuel." I didn't say anything after really looking at mom she looked tired like she haven't slept in hours.

Her eyes were red and puffy like she'd been crying. I feel horrible making for making my mother cry. We pulled into the hospital parking lot I got out the car. Walking into the lobby up to the front desk I wanted as my mom checked in.

Looking around the hospital there were a lot of old sick people. A woman was crying into a mans chest. The lady sitting across from her was pregnant her stomach big and round. I rubbed my stomach wondering if I was going to look like that soon.

Mom pulled my arm dragging me down the hall into a small check up room. A nurse came in the room and said, "The doctor will be with you shortly." I was so scared and nervous I pulled out my phone I had a text from Courtney.

She said she'll be over later tonight her mom needed her help with something. I got another message it was from Braxton he said he was just checking on me to see how I was doing. The doctor came into the room my mom stood up. Shaking the doctor hands she smiled, "Hi I'm here for Michelle's check up."

The doctor checked her clipboard,"Ok we can start right now." The doctor was a lady thank god she was really nice. She gave me the usual check up. Checking my eyes and ears all the normal stuff. At the end of the check up she asked mom to step outside while she asked me some questions.

First she asked was I taking any drugs I told her no. Then she asked was I sexually active I froze she looked at me waiting. "Umm yes I am sexually active", I said. The doctor finished her questions and mom came back in.

Mom told the doctor that I thought I was pregnant and she wanted to get a pregnancy test. The doctor came back with a test she told me what to do and sent the restroom. Basically I had to pee on a stick.

I went back into the room where the doctor and mom were waiting for me. The doctor left and went to get the result she said it would take about thirty minutes. I waited me and mom didn't talk for like 20 minutes.

I was texting Courtney keeping her updated on everything. Braxton texted me again.

Braxton: I'm worried about you Michelle please call me !

I felt bad blowing him off so I quickly texted him back.

Me: I'm sorry I've been busy lately...

I clicked off my phone. "Michelle how are we going to tell Steven and his parents about this" turning towards her. I shrugged,"I don't know but I'm scared mom." I felt a few tears slide down my face,"I know you probably hate me I'm so sorry mom."

She got up and hugged me tight rubbing my back, "I don't hate you baby I'm disappointed in you! I thought I raised you better and to be more responsible but I could never hate you your my child." Kissing my forehead she sighed, "We will get through this together baby girl."

I've missed my mom so much she's so understanding and caring that's why I love her. The doctor came in with the results. She sat down at the computer and read off the results the test came back positive you are indeed 4weeks pregnant.

Mom tensed up closing her eyes taking a deep breathe before mumbling a quick prayer to herself, "When can we know the gender of the baby." The doctor scanned the paper, "When she gets about four months then we will be able to tell if the baby's a boy or girl."

Mom took out her phone and started typing,"Ok thank you so much do she need any vitamins or anything." The doctor prescribed me some vitamins to take for the baby mom put them in her purse. She also gave me a list of foods I should and shouldn't start eating.

I had another check up scheduled in a couple of weeks. We left the hospital in the car we both decided to keep this pregnancy thing under wraps. Until we decided how we were going to tell Steven and what we going to do next. Sitting in the car me and mom both knew I was going to keep the baby.

I don't think I could handle killing another human being and mom agreed. We went out to eat and talked a little about my grades and the future. Mom made it clear that not matter what I'm finishing school and going to college. I told mom that if she told Steven's parents first it'll be a lot easier for me to tell Steven.

Mom and Steven parents were good friends so it wouldn't be hard for mom. Me on the other hand telling Steven was going to be a challenge. Not only did I have to tell him after we broke up but he has a girlfriend what is he going to do about her. Lord help me please I don't know what I got myself into.