Used Me

Steven

My phone kept ringing I finally picked it up,"Hello."

"Steven it's me Courtney I have something to tell you!" She sounded mad.

"Um yeah wassup?" We didn't always have the best friendship but we've gotten close.

"It's about Michelle she's with Andrew" I sighed I knew she was with his bitch ass.

"Why you telling me this and she isn't?" I don't know why she's telling me this knowing Michelle don't want me in her business.

"They've gotten serious like she's had sex with him and all" I looked over at Aliyah.

"Okay then..." I just hung up the phone I really had mixed feelings about the whole situation. It must've hurt Courtney more than it hurt me because she's going against her best friend.

I left leaving Aliyah with my parents to go talk to Michelle. Then decided that shit would only escalate if I went over there. I went over to my boy Joe house I needed something to ease my mind.

"Yo you know Andrew was just here" I took the blunt from him. "Oh foreal" I wanted a reason so bad to bust him in his shit.

"Yeah he was hear saying how he hit Michelle last night and told me not to tell you." I nodded taking a hit then passing it back to him. "Oh really?"

He was high as a kite,"Yeah he was telling me all that shit how she was moaning and-"

"Man shut the fuck up! Tell Andrew if I see his bitch ass Ima bust him in his shit."

"Bro y'all not even together no more relax" he stared at me his eyes red.

"Fuck you man you high ass shit" I got up and left going back home. Hearing about how another dude smashing your baby momma ain't shit to be happy about.

I went back home and washed up so my pops wouldn't smell nothing on me. Walking back into the kitchen I saw Aliyah coloring at the table,"Daddy look." I turned around,"Daddy sees." She colored a bunch of purple scribbles on a paper. I kissed her forehead picking her up,"Did grandpa feed you."

She nodded wrapping her small arms around my neck. I love my daughter with everything in me. I love Michelle too and it hurts to hear some bullshit like that. Then come home to see her in the face of our daughter. It's hard not to miss what we had but we grown now and things have changed.

"Daddy me tired" I chuckled. "Baby it's I'm tired." She giggled,"Me tired." There's was no winning with her I'd lose every time to keep my baby girl winning. I laid her in my bed then went on the couch and started watching tv.

Ma walked through the front door she smiled at me,"Hey baby." "Hey Ma" she leaned down and kissed my forehead.

"What's wrong son you look like you just lost your best friend." I sighed,"I did." She sighed sitting next to me,"I know you and Michelle are going through in y'all relationship right now. You both miss each other so much I don't see why y'all just don't get back together."

"It's not that simple mom she's been hurt I've been hurt its so much craziness." She sighed rubbing my forehead with her thumb.

"It's all going to be alright baby you just keep your head up." With that she left walking down the hallway. After an hour I dozed off then was woken back up by the doorbell.

I got up answering it Michelle was standing there,"Hey I'm here to pick up Aliyah." I nodded stepping aside so she could come in. We stood in the living awkward silence hanging over us.

She had a big red hickey on her neck I clenched my fist trying to keep calm. It didn't make it no better Andrew walking around telling everybody he got him some.

It only made me even madder that shit Joe said running through my mind,"So you and Andrew huh?" She nodded pulling up her collar,"You lied to me ! You did have sex with him!"

"No I didn't we only had sex last night that was the only time." It hit me like a truck,"Damn why after so long you'd let him in but not me."

"Is this what everything's about me not letting you get some but letting Andrew" she had tears in her eyes. I almost thought she was going to cry. "That was almost three years ago you pressuring me into having sex with you and all this bull crap."

Those tears disappeared and now she was angry,"You only used me, for so long I thought you loved me. You just wanted me for sex and then I got pregnant. I was young and scared to do it all over again and now it's almost three years later. Our daughter is two years old almost three and here we are."

"I didn't use you I love you so much that I wanted to be your one and only. I know I shouldn't have pressured you like that but I was young and stupid. We're grown your right I had sex with Dasia when we weren't together. I shouldn't be mad at you because you moved on."

She just stood there wiping her face,"It hurts me and I'm sorry it's just I haven't-" she shook her head.

"Let me just go and take Aliyah home", I walked her to the car and buckled Aliyah in. I closed the car door walking back to the porch.

It's crazy how things change so much between two people like damn. I went and the house and took a shower before going to sleep.