Just Friends

Courtney went home early more like the next morning so I was alone in my room. I wasn't talking to mom and doing everything possible to avoid her. I'm more hurt than mad we talked about everything and we always had each other backs.

Now she chooses to push me away and hide something this big from me. I hurried and got dressed because Braxton was coming to pick me up. I decided I needed to get out the house and be in a different atmosphere clear my head.

I turned off my phone leaving it on my bed. I didn't want any distractions I was just going to chill with Braxton and his parents. My life right now is an emotional roller coaster I can't handle that right now.

Steven's most likely going to be mad at me for not calling him or texting me him. I put on my silver baby doll shoes that matched my peach tea cup cake dress.

I curled my hair and put on my silver locket that had my initials on it. Grandma bought it for me when I was eight on my birthday. I heard Braxton's car outside he beeped the horn.

I grabbed my purse and closed my bedroom door. Grandma was sitting on the couch she smiled at me, "Where you going looking all cute and gussied up".

I laughed, "Out with a friend I'll be back later". She waved goodbye and I closed the door walking to the car. I got in putting on my seatbelt smiling at him, "Hey Braxton you ready".

He just stared at me his mouth open gazing at me, "Uh yeah". We backed out the driveway I seen grandma peeking out the window as we drove off. The car ride was silent to his house. He finally broke the silence and said, "How you been".

I stared out the window, "I've been better". He looked at me confused, "What you mean". I shrugged not know what to say, "Well things seem to get worse but I'm handling it".

He eyed me carefully, "Is everything ok Michelle". I shrugged holding back the tears, "Yeah" I lied everything in my life was going down hill.

We pulled up at his house he cut off the engine, "My parents are driving us down there they insisted on it I tried to get out of it".

I chuckled at his statement on his parents, "No it's fine your parents are pretty cool". He smiled showing that cute dimple in his right cheek. Gosh it was hard not to be attracted to a guy like Braxton.

I got out the car following him into the house. His parents were sitting on the couch waiting for us as we walked through the door. His mom jumped up when she seen me. Pulling me into a big hug, "Oh Michelle it's so nice too see you again. I'm so happy that you decided to come" she said squeezing me tight.

I just smiled letting me go his dad stood up shaking my hand smiling brightly at me his parent were really nice people. We got in his parents truck and drove down the road.

Me and Braxton sat in the back while his parents sat in the front holding hands. I thought that was the cutest thing ever now them some relationship goals. I don't get why he ways made it seem like his parents were so bad.

The ride was quiet besides his parents talking about there friends and other stuff. Braxton glanced at me every once in awhile. I thought it was cute that he did that but I had to stay focus. Although he did look good in his white dress shirt and black slacks.

He had a salmon pink looking tie that almost matched the color of my dress. Well ain't that's something we were both kind of sort of matching. We arrived at a big church with a whole bunch of cars parked around. It looked more like a fair ground then a church convention.

We all got out the car his parents walked in front of us while we walked slowly behind them. Braxton had his hands in his pockets staring at the ground. I couldn't help but wonder what he was thinking.