She's Coming

Steven

*Baby at the top*

I paced back and forth outside the hospital room door as Michelle prepared to go in labor. Nurses ran in and out the room and her entire family waited in the lobby so did mine.

I've never seen so many of my family members in one place before. They were nervous when I went out to greet them. My parents asked could they see Michelle but I said no. She needed to focus on having the baby that's all.

They caught the vibe I was sending Braxton showed up him and his parents which pissed me off. He looked at me walking over to were I was, "Where's Michelle?" he said frantically.

"She's fine, why are you here?" I said through gritted teeth.

He narrowed his eyes at me, "You left her remember. By herself pregnant with your responsibility."

I stepped up into his face, "To support my family this has nothing to do with you!" I didn't want this nigga to be here like he's taking my place in Michelle's life and my child's.

"It does as long as Michelle's in it" he growled. I was so angry she really had this dude thinking he was my baby's  father.

I was itching to fight and ready to swing at him before I felt a gentle touch on my arm. It was Michelle's mom she stared at both of us with a scowl on her face.

My looked softened when I seen her face, "If you both love Michelle you won't do this here" she said sternly.

I put my head down ashamed, it was true I love that girl more than anything and today she's going to have my baby girl. I'm officially going to be a father to a beautiful baby girl and a great boyfriend someday husband to Michelle.

Braxton nodded then walked away taking a seat with his parents. I turned around facing Ms. Davis, "I'm sorry" I says quickly.

She smacked me across the head dragging me down the hall muttering under her breath, "Stop being stupid my baby girl need you. She worried that you left I can't calm her down."

I rubbed my head then frowned at her words hurrying down the hall. Her doctor was talking her slowly through the caltractions. I smiled at her as walked threw the door, "Your doing great baby girl".

She smiled tears in her eyes, "I'm glad you stayed and that your here." I felt a pain of guilt in the pit of my stomach.

"I'm not leaving you every again Michelle I'm sorry!" I said quickly giving her a small smile.

I leaned down kissing her forehead holding her hand the entire time. She gave me a small squeeze then nodded.
__

Eight hours later

The doctor handed me a small silver pair of scissors. I cut the small pink umbilical cord. She handed the squirming and crying baby to the nurse.

The nurse called out,"Six pounds and three ounces a perfectly healthy baby girl."

Tears came to my eyes as the nurse handed her to Michelle. She stopped crying staring up at me with deep brown eyes and a head full of jet black curly hair. A beautiful baby girl wrapped a thick pink blanket.

The nurse stood next to me, "What's her name?"

I've had the perfect name for awhile now. I just never got the chance to tell Michelle.