You're Here

Chapter 7
*Meredith POV*

I immediately walk up to her with tears in my eyes and hug her. "You're here!" I say. We hold our hug for a couple minutes. God I've missed having my person here. Alex is an okay substitute but it's just not the same.

"I missed you so much, and I have been trying to find time to fly back to Seattle ever since you told me about what happened to Derek." She says.

"I missed having my person around too!" I tell Christina.

"I know, Zurich is different. And it's lonely with out you. But I'm doing what I love." She says.

"How's Derek and the kids doing?" She's asks.

"Derek's great, and Bailey and Zola are doing good as well." I say, I don't know if I'm ready to tell her that I'm pregnant again. I mean this is the first time we've seen each other since she left for Zurich.

"So how long are you here for?" I ask.
"A month. I'm doing check ups on my conduit kids. Plus I wanted to catch up with you." She says.

"This is great," I say to her.

We walk along the hallways catching up, even though we call and text all the time. We talk as though she never left.

"So I have to go meet back up with Baby Nathan and his parents but what do you think about Joe's tonight? We can both get drunk like we used to." She says laughing.

The only problem there is, I can't drink. Even though I really want to. I can't. I don't know what to say so I stall.

"Um...well, I have a surgery with Pierce later and I'm not sure what time it'll get done. But I'll get back to you on that." I say. There is no doubt in my mind she knows what I really mean.
"Oh okay, just whenever you get a chance." She says.

I go into surgery with Alex and my nausea is at an okay level. I can deal with it. The worst part about being pregnant and a surgeon is the smell of everything is intensified. When you cut someone open it doesn't exactly smell like unicorns and daisies but now it's horrid.

Once we're about to close, the monitor beeps, "Where is all this blood coming from?" I ask Alex.

"I have no idea." He says.

"Suction!" I yell.

We found the source of the bleeding and then closed.

As I'm walking, I see Christina again. I smile and walk up to her. We begin walking together again and we go to the tunnels.

"So...Mer, how far along are you?" She asks.

Dammit. I knew that she knew. "9 weeks." I tell her.

"Well congratulations. When did you and McDreamy decide to have another McBaby?" She asks laughing.

"2 weeks before his accident. That's when he asked me. Then when I found out about the accident I threw up and realized I was late." I tell her.

"So I guess getting drunk is out of the question huh?" She says.

"Yeah sadly. You and Alex can get drunk though." I say to her.

"I guess but it's not as fun. Oh well. Next time I visit we'll do it." She says optimisticly.

"Have you seen Owen yet?" I ask.

"Not yet. I kinda don't know how to approach him. And I know you said he was sleeping with Derek's sister." She says.

"Mer, I miss this. I miss Seattle. But Zurich is where my research is. That's where I'm printing hearts. Seattle will always be home though." Christina tells me.

"You can always come home if you need too." I tell her.

We both smile and go back to my house.

When we walk through the door Derek walks to the door to kiss me. "How'd today go?" He asks.

"Well it went good." I say giggling. Christina is staying with us until she goes backs to Zurich, Derek is unaware she's in town though. About 5 minutes later Christina walks through the front door with her suitcase and hops on the couch right next to us.

"Oh wow. It's like you never left." Derek laughs. He gets up and hugs Christina.

"Well pretty much. How are you doing Derek? Apart from the fact that you almost died." She asks. All of us laugh.

"I'm doing great how about yourself?" He asks.

Before she answers Zola comes running out screaming "Aunt Christinaaaaa"

"Zo-Zo you're so big now! Come give me a hug I miss you!" Christina says enthusiastically.

"I missed you too!" Zola says while they hug.

I really do miss this. The way things used to be with Christina around. But she would be miserable if she were to move back here.

"Oh so you won't believe what Alex is doing." I begin to tell her.

"Oh God, what's he doing doing now?" She asks giggling.

"He's going to propose to Wilson." I say.

"Oh well, it's about time. He's finally going to put his big boy pants on." She says and we both laugh.

When do you know the time is right? The time to take the next big step in your life? The truth is, you don't. As humans, we are impulsive. We make decisions in split seconds. In that split second, that's when the time is right. The time to take the step.

Author Note:

Usually at the end of every episode, Meredith or another character has a deep opening/closing monologue that makes you think about life (at least that's how I see them). Anyway, the italic parts I have in most ends of the chapters are kind of supposed to be like those monologues. Do y'all like them? Or should I stop them?

~Erin :)