Please Don't Die

Chapter 1
*Derek's POV*

"Please don't let me die. Please. Don't let me die." I think as I enter this hospital I've never heard of. I'm not even sure they're a trauma center.

"John Doe age 49, obvious head trauma..." The doctor continues about everything else that happened. "We need to get him up to CT immediately." She says.

"Yes! Yes. Take me to the CT" I think to myself.

*Meredith POV*

It's 5PM. I haven't heard from Derek yet and I've been flipping out all day. I walk over towards the phone, first, I'm going to call him and if I doesn't answer I'm leaving him a voicemail. Then, I'm reporting him as a missing person. Just as I pick up my phone I see blue and red lights approach my house.

No. No. No. No. They're coming to tell me my husband has been in an accident or that he's dead. My heart sinks into my stomach. Tears begin to well up in my eyes as they officer knocks on my door.

I open it and the officer says, "ma'am are you Derek Shepherd's wife?" The police officer at my door is tall and has a deep voice.
"Yes, I am Meredith Grey." I choke out.
"I am so sorry ma'am, there's been an accident. He's in brain surgery right now. I need you to come with me." He tells me.
"What..what am I supposed to do with my children?" I ask
___________________________

On the car ride here the only thought going through my head is "please don't die. Please. Please don't die". A few weeks ago, when he first came back for DC, I told him I could live without him, but that I didn't want to. That's not true. That's so not true. I can't live without him. The thought of him being gone, forever, as in forever-forever, like as in I'll never see him again and my children won't have a father anymore. The thought of that makes me sick to my stomach.

"Please pull over," I ask the police officer driving. "Why?" He asks hesitantly.
"Just pull over!" I yell.

I open the door and vomit. And oh my God, I'm late.

I close the door. "Please continue driving". I ask the officer.

I think back to 2 weeks ago, when Derek asked me to have another baby. I can barely be a full time surgeon and raise 2 small children alone. Let alone, a possible 3rd one.

"Derek. Please don't die." I whisper to myself."

We finally arrive to the hospital.

I walk in to the hospital. I make eye contact with a doctor, she looks as though she just got out of surgery. She approaches me and asks, "are you Dr. Meredith Grey?"
"Yes. How is my husband? Where is he?" I ask frantically.

"Dr. Grey, you're husband had a serious head-" she says till the tears begin to fly out of my eyes. "Is he okay? Is he alive?" I ask again.

"Yes Dr. Grey, he's alive. He's still in surgery right now, but he's alive." She tells me.