I Do

Chapter 13
*Meredith POV*

The big days. The days that change our life. Those are the days that you wake up with butterflies in your stomach. Your hands shake. Your heart beats just a little harder. At the end of those days you come out a different person. You look at life a little different. You come out of that with a smile on your face or on the ground begging for a re-do.

Alex's wedding is today. So we're all getting ready. He's nervous. Wilson is nervous. They're both nervous.

Everyone that's coming to the wedding are only doing simple surgeries in the morning. The wedding is at 5 PM.

Right now it's 10 AM.

I see Wilson and wonder what she's doing here. "Wilson! What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I'm sorry, Dr. Grey. I just didn't know where to go. I'm a wreck. I don't even know what I'm going to say." She tells me.

"You say 'I do.' Or 'I don't'."I laugh at the end part. But she gives me the "not helping me" look.

"Just tell him how much you love him." I tell her, giving her real advice.

I know what she needs. She needs a surgery to get her mind off. "You know, I have an appy in 20 minutes. And you look like you need get your mind straight." I tell her.

"Thank you, Dr. Grey. So much." She says.

The appy is quick and easy. She knew exactly what she was doing this time.

"That went better than the last time you did an appendectomy with me." I laugh.

"The intern appy. I was never more scared during a surgery than that one." She tells me.

"Now you need to go get ready. The wedding is in a few hours." I say.

"What about you? You're a bridesmaid." She laughs.

"I know how to multi-task." I say.

She leaves the hospital relieved.

I see Derek a while later. "Aren't you getting ready?" He says.

"I am..I was just about to go home." I say.

"Me too. I was thinking. Since we have a few hours, maybe when we get home..we could well...you know?" He says.

"You read my mind." I tell him.

We get home. We throw off all of our clothes an hop in the shower. We do have limitations, because..well I'm pregnant.

We stay in there for a while. So that was a nice time.

Once we get our we begin o get ready. I do my hair and make up. Derek puts on a suit that the groomsmen wear are all wearing. I get into the bridesmaid dress.

I like the style they're going for. It's simple. Not too much not too little.

I'm in Derek's arms until we have to part away.

Alex is sweating but smiling. Jo should be coming out soon.

Music begins to play and Jo walks out in here dress. She looks really pretty. Her dress is gorgeous.

*Alex POV*

Today. Right now. I am going to marry the love of my life.

Jo begins to talk down the aisle. She is the most beautiful girl on the face of the Earth. And she's mine.

The preacher dude is saying all that wedding crap. And I'm just staring into Jo's eyes. Now it's time to do the vows, Jo wanted to do the traditional but I didn't, so we're incorporating the traditional ones in.

I begin.

"I, Alex Karev, promise to never stop loving you. I never want to live without you. You are the love of my life. When I look at you, I feel like I'm falling in love all over again. I will promise to have and to hold, for better or for worse, for rich or for poor, till death do us part. But not even death can kill my love for you."

I put the wedding ring on her finger.

There are tears running down Jo's face. I think she liked what I said.

"I, Jo Wilson, have never stopped loving you. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. And I am forever grateful. Alex Karev, I am truly, madly, deeply, crazy in love with you. And I don't want to stop. I want to spend the rest of my life in your arms. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love and honor you for the rest of my life."

She puts the ring on my finger.

I have never felt this way about anyone. Not even Izzie. No one has made me happier than Jo.

"Do you, Alex Karev, take, Jo Wilson, to be your wife?"

I smile. "I do."

"Do you, Jo Wilson, take, Alex Karev, to be your husband?"

She has the brightest smile I've ever seen. "I do."

"I now pronounce you husband & wife. You may now kiss the bride."

I bring her close and kiss her like I've never kissed her before.

We begin to walk out of the church on our way to the reception when every doctors pagers go absolutely crazy.