Something To Tell You

Chapter 6
*Meredith POV*

...Derek in bed waiting for me. He's only wearing boxers and a t shirt, and I like where this is going.

"Want to know what I realized today? We have not had time to ourselves since the accident." He says smiling.

He gets out of bed and and we start kissing. I start taking off his clothes, he starts taking off mine. Until I feel really sick to my stomach. "Derek I'll be right back." I say almost crying.

Why this right now? Of all times for me to get morning sickness why is it a 4 AM when I'm trying to have sex. I haven't had sex in so long! Why now does my baby want to make me throw up?!

I scramble to the bathroom and begin to throw up. "Dammit. I wish this morning sickness would be over." I say.

"Well you're at 9 weeks today. Only a few more weeks till your second trimester." Derek reminds me.

I hear Bailey crying. That means he's going to wake Zola up too. A few minutes later I hear a knock at the door. "Mommy? Daddy? Bailey woke me up, and he won't stop crying." Zola says.

"I'll get her and Bailey back to sleep. You stay here." Derek tells me.

Derek takes them back to sleep. Then he comes back and holds me hair while I throw up more. "Mer, we haven't told the kids we're having another baby."

He says. "What? We haven't?" I ask, thinking that we did.

"I guess we know what our breakfast conversation will be." He says and I laugh.

"How do you think Zola will react?" I ask.
"Oh she should be happy. She couldn't wait for Bailey to come." He says.

"I kind of want a girl, so Zola won't be out numbered." I wondered.

"But then Bailey will be outnumbered." He says laughing.

Once the puking is finally done, Derek and I pick up right where we left off. He begins to pull off my shirt and I do the same to his. We're both laughing and we jump into bed. He begins kissing my neck, which is probably gonna give me a hickey. I still enjoy it.

After that amazing sex we go to sleep.

*A few ours later*

"So kids, you're mommy and I have something we need to tell you." Derek says.

We're all in the living room, and I grab coffee from the kitchen.

"Well, mommy and daddy decided that we wanted more..and now there's a baby in my tummy! So he or she will be here in 7 months." I tell them, in a really crappy way to announce that you're pregnant to your children.

It's not like they know the difference anyway. All they know is there's gonna be another little one running around here soon and that I'm going to be getting fat.

"So there's gonna be another little one running around here. And Bailey you're going to be a big brother!" Derek says.

Zola gave me a hug and told me she can't wait. I'm thinking about telling Alex, maybe Bailey. I'm more comfortable with telling people this time, even though I have a hostile uterus, my last pregnancy went great until I had a c-section in the dark...then almost died when I needed an emergency splenectomy.

I drive to work and Derek plays with the kids.

When I walk into the hospital, I see Bailey, I guess since she saved my life when I gave birth to my last child...and I named my child after her I should tell her the news.

"Hey Meredith how's Derek doing?" She asks.

"He's doing great, not too much longer before he comes back to work. So..um..well, I have something to tell you. This is because I trust you." I tell her.

"Okay, well you can trust me of course, what is it Grey?" She asks.

I pull a picture of my 8 week ultrasound from last week out. And I hand it to her. Basically the same as how I told Derek's sister Lizzie.

Her face lights up. "Oh my God! Really? Aw sweetie congratulations." Bailey says.

"Yeah and it happened on the first try." I laugh.

Her pager goes off so she runs along. I see Alex at the end of the hall so I go up to him.

"There's something I need to tell you, Alex." I say.

"Well go ahead." He says.

"I'm 9 weeks pregnant." I confess. His face isn't shocked at all, almost like he already knew.

"You think I didn't realize by now? Mer, one, I saw the pregnancy tests in your bag. Two, your boobs are bigger than usual. And congratulations." He says, smiling.

"Just don't go off telling people. I still have a hostile uterus." I say.

"Don't worry. Do you want to scrub in with me at 11 for my short gut kid?" He asks.

"Sure." I say

We walk out of the room and head to the attendings lounge. We walk through the door-"Oh my God it's you!" I say in shock. I haven't seen her in so long. I'm so happy. I can't believe she's back!

Author note:

Who do you think is in the lounge?? Find out later!!!
~Erin :)