Chapter 7

I woke up the next morning in Marcus's bed. I was honestly happy it was a weekend. It was raining and thundering like crazy outside.

I heard Marcus playing his game, I smiled. He always loved video games.

"Someone's finally awake." Marcus said.

I nodded, going into his arms as he played his game. I just wanted the comfort of another person. My parents never gave me that.

I watched Marcus play his games until I got a phone call from Delaney.

"Hey Laney what's up?" I asked.

"Where are you?" Delaney asked.

"Marcus's. Why?" I asked.

"Dad's at the house. I'm not sure why. Moms not even home yet." She said.

"Shit. Okay I'll be there in a few minutes." I said.

I hung up, grabbing my stuff.

"What's going on?" Marcus asked.

"My dad's at our house." I said.

"Lemme come with you. I'll get Dylan to give us a ride." He said.

I nodded. Dylan agreed to give us a ride as he drove us to my house. I saw my dad's car and my sister outside.

"I haven't gone inside yet. I don't know if I want to." Delaney asked.

Dylan went over and hugged her, and... kissed her? They must've been dating.

I went in with Delaney and the guys. My dad was with his new girlfriend in the kitchen.

"There they are." My dad said.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I cant see my children?" He asked.

"You haven't in almost 13 years." I said.

"Zoey. Stop." Delaney said.

"No. Why are you here?" I asked.

"I wanted to check up on you guys. I miss you." He said.

"Bull." I said.

"Don't talk to your dad like that." My dad's girlfriend said.

"You're not even in this so shut the fuck up." I said.

Marcus went closer behind me.

"Look Zoey I know your mom is out fucking with dudes and drinking and I want to be here while she's out fucking around." My dad said.

"No. I'm fine with Delaney." I said.

"You're clearly not if you're spending the night at Marcus's house." He said.

"Maybe because I don't feel fucking safe alone with you and mom gone. Maybe because I haven't slept right in a fucking year. Maybe because I'm fucking depressed dad! I took a nap at his house and ended up staying the night." I said.

"You're being very disrespectful right now." He said.

"I have every single right to be." I said.

"I just want to fix our relationship." He said.

"I don't." I said.

"Please Zoey." He said.

"You can go fuck off with your girlfriend who thinks she's my fucking mom." I said, going upstairs. Marcus followed me.

I sat on my bed and started crying. I just wanted to sleep again. Sleep is all I wanted. It solved pretty much anything.

"Zoo." Marcus said, grabbing my hand.

"I don't want him here." I said.

"Maybe it's a good thing he's here, maybe if you have  a good parent in your life you'll feel better." He said.

"He's not a parent. He's only here so he can make my mom look like an even more shittier person." I said.

"I know. It's okay." He said.

Delaney came in my room with Dylan.

"He left." Delaney said.

"Okay." I said.

"Are you okay?" Dylan asked.

"I just have to accept the fact that I don't have good parents and won't ever have good parents." I said.

"You have our parents Zoey. They love you to death." Marcus said.

"I just don't get it. Why have kids when you're just gonna leave?" I asked.

"It's a good question. Ever since mom and dad divorced mom just was desperate for drugs and love. Now she's going out and drinking and having sex with random dudes." Delaney said.

"Yeah." I said.

"Dylan and I are gonna go out for a bit. Marcus can you stay here with Zoey?" She asked.

"Of course." Marcus said.

Delaney smiled, hugging me as her and Dylan left.

"I don't want her to leave for college." I said.

"I know Zoo but it's okay. My parents are always gonna be there for you." He said, smiling at me.

I laid in my bed.

"Marcus." I said.

"What's up?" He asked.

"Can I lay in your arms again?" I asked.

"You don't even have to ask. Come here." He said.

I smiled, going in his arms as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and his other arm on my waist.

~Delaney's POV~

"I can't leave her Dylan." I said.

"I feel like once she's done with her senior year she'll feel better. But I think she should live with us while you're gone." Dylan said.

"I know, but I just feel like if I leave she's gonna be just heartbroken." I said.

"Her and Marcus have the closest bond. I can tell they make each other really happy." He said.

We got home and I opened Zoey's door. Her and Marcus were asleep. She was laying in his arms. I snuck and took a picture.

"Look how adorable." I whispered.

"I swear if they don't date I don't even know. They look like a couple." Dylan said.

"I think they are here soon. They've been closer and closer each day." I said.

"Yeah. Marcus definitely loves that girl. I can tell." He said.

It was adorable. My sister needed someone like Marcus in her life.