Chapter 28

I woke up. I was 16. 10 years ago I thought I would be happy and healthy with 2 parents and my sister. Now it's just me and my sister.

I got out of bed, going downstairs.

"Happy birthday!" Delaney said.

"Thank you." I said.

"Do you still want Dylan to take you to get your license?" She asked.

"No, can you?" I asked.

"Yeah, of course. I'll let him know." She said.

I nodded. I got ready for the day as Delaney took me to get my license. We got everything situated.

I ended up passing. I was a good driver.

We got back home and I hung out with Delaney most of the day.

"Why don't you want to see Dylan or Marcus?" Delaney asked.

"I just want to be here with you." I said.

I was planning on ending everything tonight. I was done. I couldn't live feeling like shit everyday.

"Okay." She said.

It was around 7. I was in the bathroom, holding the box. I got water. I took all the pills at once. I started feeling it.

I unlocked the door, feeling dizzy as hell. I fell to the floor, blacked out.

~Delaney's POV~

I heard a loud thud coming from upstairs. I ran upstairs. She was on the floor.

"ZOEY!" I yelled, running to her.

I immediately called the ambulance. Her eyes were fluttering and she was turning pale.

"I can't lose you. Please Zoey you're gonna be okay I promise." I said, crying.

I heard my mom come in the door.

"What's happening?" I heard her say.

"GET HELP!" I yelled.

The ambulance arrived and immediately got her in there, having her breathe and getting her heartbeat down.

"I'm sick of this. She's going back to the mental hospital for a month. Probably two." My mom said.

I couldn't talk back or else she'd threaten to keep her there longer.

My mom drove me to the hospital, following the truck.

"I can't believe you would let your sister do that." My mom said.

"You guys are the ones who made her like this. I didn't know she was hiding more of YOUR FUCKING DRUGS to fucking kill herself on her fucking 16th birthday." I said.

We arrived to the hospital.

"How can I help you?" The doctor asked.

"We're here for Zoey Rivera." My mom said.

"Yep. She just got here. They're processing her right now. She's breathing normally again and her heartbeat seems to be normal. She just has a lot of drug in her which caused her to overdose. Good thing you caught it in time or she wouldn't have made it." The doctor said.

I started crying, going to sit down.

Dylan kept calling me. I wished everyone would leave me the fuck alone.

I finally decided to call him back about 40 minutes later.

"Hey, you alright?" Dylan said.

"She did it again." I said.

"What?" He asked.

"She must've hid the rest of the drugs in a really good spot Dylan." I said.

"Where is she? Where are you?" He asked.

"We're at the hospital. She's going back for 2 months." I said.

"To the mental hospital?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"Do you want me to head over there?" He asked.

"Yes. But just you. Don't tell Marcus. I don't think she'd want him to see her like this." I said.

"Okay." He said.

I hung up, crying again as a doctor came out.

"She's okay now. You guys are able to see her. I'll have a chat with mom in a moment." The nurse said.

I immediately got up, going to her room. She was asleep.

I sat down by her bed as someone knocked on the door.

"Hello. Do you know a Dylan?" The nurse asked.

"Yes. He's my boyfriend. He's allowed to come in here." I said.

"Okay. Right in here Dylan." She said.

Dylan came in, sitting next to me.

I started bawling in his arms as my mom went to go talk to the doctors about the mental hospital situation.

"She was so pale." I said.

"She's gonna be okay. She's a tough girl." Dylan said.

I was disappointed in myself. I let her do it again. I should've checked a double time to see if she was hiding anymore. I fucked up.