Chapter 72

~Delaney's POV~

"Principal Dawson?" I asked, walking into his office.

"Hello Delaney. How can I help you?" He asked.

"I've come to talk to you about a teacher you hired just recently. Ms. Rivera, my mom." I said.

"Okay." He said.

"My sister, Zoey Rivera and I haven't had a great relationship with our mom which caused her to go to prison and having her work here isn't good on Zoey, and Zoey is still recovering from a recent overdose. Caused by my mother and our father, God bless his soul. Anyways, I don't think it'll be a good idea for her to work here. My sister needs to be as far away from her as possible." I said.

"Wow. I am so sorry. Vice Principal Adams was the one who hired her." He said.

"Okay. Can we do something about it though?" I asked.

"Yes." He said.

"Thank you. Just let me know when she's gone. For now Zoey won't be at school." I said.

"I understand that. I'll make sure her other teachers don't fail her." He said.

"Thank you." I said.

I left his office, going to lunch.

My mom tapped on my shoulder.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Where is she?" My mom asked in a snappy tone.

"None of your concern but she's fine now." I said.

"Delaney Gil Rivera if you don't tell me where your sister is right now so help me God you are screwed." She said.

"No. I'm not telling you where she is. I'm not letting her go back to the bottom. It took her almost 15 years to get to where she is now and I'm not letting you ruin that. Besides, you're not her legal guardian anymore. Unless she says so you won't ever be. And you're not MY legal guardian anymore either. I talked to officer Chad. Now please, leave us alone Linda." I said, walking away.

~Zoey's POV~

"Delaney said my mom's out looking for me." I said.

"She won't find you here. She doesn't know me." Tasha said.

"You won't let anything happen right?" I asked.

"No honey. No. You're under my care. You're safe." She said.

Just then someone knocked on the door.

"Let's go to your room just in case it's your mom." Marcus said.

~Tasha's POV~

I waited until Marcus and Zoey got into her room before opening the door.

"Hello, can I help you?" I asked.

"I'm looking for my daughter, Zoey Rivera." Her mom said.

"Sorry, I don't know a Zoey." I said.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"I'm sure ma'am." I said.

"Okay, thanks." She said.

I closed the door, locking it after.

"Coast is clear." I said.

~Zoey's POV~

I walked out, taking a deep breath.

"I don't even know why she's looking for me." I said.

"Yeah, I don't either. You're not under her care anymore." Tasha said.

I sat down at the counter, putting my head down as Marcus put his arm around my waist.

"Delaney and Dylan should be here soon." Tasha said.

After a few minutes Delaney and Dylan arrived, instantly locking the door after them.

"Hey how are you feeling?" Delaney asked me, hugging me.

"Like shit. Did she say anything to you today?" I asked.

"Yeah, she said if I didn't tell her where you were I'd be screwed. I didn't tell her anyway." She said.

"Delaney also talked to the principal. It was the VP who hired her. Do you know anyone by the name of Mitchell Adams?" Dylan asked.

"Yeah, that's my mom's boyfriend." I said.

"Probably why he hired her." Marcus said.

I put my head back down.

"Principal Dawson said she should be gone soon, and he's making sure your teachers don't fail you." Delaney said.

"My grades are the least of my worries right now." I said.

Everything was the least of my worries, except for the fact my mom wanted to ruin everything.