Chapter 61

It was the weekend. Finally. I tried sleeping in until I heard knocking on the door. I groaned, rolling myself out of bed and opening the door.

It was Delaney.

"Hi." I said.

"Can I come in?" Delaney asked.

"Uh yeah sure." I said, opening the door a bit more for her to come in.

Her stomach wasn't big anymore. What the hell?

"I got an abortion." Delaney said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I'm clearly not ready to be a mom yet. My hormones fucked me up to where I pushed you away." She said.

"Are you seriously pinning this on your hormones?" I asked.

"No. I'm not. I'm sorry Zoey. I shouldn't have said all that stuff to you. I was under a lot of pressure because I had just gotten pregnant and I was mad that you didn't tell me because I thought you were doing really good." She said.

"I was until Chanel fucked everything up." I said.

"There's no way a person could drive you to drugs." She said.

I looked away. I also did them because I didn't feel happy at that house. Ever.

"Why else did you do them?" She asked.

"Living at that house makes me feel like I'm in a dark hole." I said.

"But we re-did it." She said.

"It doesn't change anything." I said.

"You're right. I'm sorry." She said.

"I'm not coming back. I can't." I said.

"I get it." She said.

"I can't recover somewhere where I know I'm gonna go back to everything." I said.

"Did you think of doing drugs when Marcus cheated on you and when I told you all that stuff?" She asked.

"Not a single thought of it." I said.

"No hesitation?" She asked.

"Nope. I went to the gym. I workout. That's my way of letting out anger." I said.

Delaney nodded.

"I'm proud of you Zoey." Delaney said.

"Thank you." I said.

"I'm hoping we can fix our relationship. I know it won't be easy, but I didn't mean anything I said. I wasn't thinking right clearly." She said.

"It's fine. I'm over all of that now. Past is in the past." I said.

"Yeah." She said.

"I think you might wanna apologize to one more person though." I said.

"I know, I'm gonna head over there in a little. I love Dylan with my whole heart and I can't lose him." She said.

"And he loves you too, but you know he doesn't wanna be with someone like that." I said.

"I'm not like that, but for some reason I was just irritated." She said.

I nodded.

"I'll see you later." She said.

"Alright." I said.

Delaney left as I went back to my room, falling asleep. Let a woman sleep in for once.

~Dylan's POV~

I was making breakfast for my family as the doorbell rang.

"Coming." I called out.

I opened the door to Delaney.

"Hey. Can I come in?" Delaney asked.

"Yeah." I said.

I let Delaney in as she sat down at the island counter as I cooked.

"I got an abortion." She said.

"What? Why?" I asked.

"I can't be a mother, Dylan. I can't. I'm not ready. I drove my sister away, I drove you away. There was no way I could've done that." She said.

"You really hurt her feelings Del." I said.

"I know, and I just apologized to her." She said.

"I'm sure it's gonna take some time for her to fully forgive you, but she's a strong woman." I said.

"She is. I also wanted to apologize to you. I love you with my whole heart Dylan." She said.

"I love you too Delaney but I don't stand disrespect. Especially when it's your own family." I said.

"I know, and I'm sorry. I know not to do it again." She said.

"Good." I said.

"So, is there any chance I would be able to get a second chance to this relationship?" She asked.

"Do you promise on your whole life to not say stuff like that to anyone in that matter of fact ever again?" I asked.

"I promise." She said.

"Okay. Then you have a second chance." I said, smiling.

Delaney gave me a hug. I was silently glad I wasn't gonna be an 18 year old father. Neither of us were ready for it.