Chapter 47

Another damn nightmare.

I woke up, crying.

"Baby hey it's okay. It's okay just breathe." Marcus said, holding my hand.

"It fucking happened again." I said.

"Just breathe mama." He said.

I took a few deep breaths, crying a little bit more.

"Come here baby." He said.

I laid in Marcus's arms, crying as he rubbed my back.

"I can't believe he's gone." I said, sobbing into Marcus's arms.

"I know mama I know." He said.

"I didn't want this to happen to him no matter how mad I was at him." I said.

"He must've done something really bad to end up in maximum security. People are really violent there." He said.

"I don't want him gone." I said.

"I know love I know. I'm so sorry." He said.

The emotions. Thoughts. Cravings. I just couldn't handle it.

"I can't do it anymore." I said.

"Yes you can Zoey. You can and you will. You fought so fucking  hard to get to where you are now don't throw it away. I love you too much to let you go and so does Delaney and Dylan." He said, kissing my forehead.

I hugged Marcus really tightly, crying in his arms.

"I'm right here mama. I'm right here." He said.

I started falling asleep as Marcus ran his hand up and down my back. I felt glad that he was here with me. I knew something felt off. I knew I had to be with Marcus or something bad would've happened.

~Marcus's POV~

I felt so bad for Zoey. She just went through the worst thing a girl could go through. She went through another breakdown after a nightmare after her dad died. She hadn't had those nightmares in months. She hadn't had that breakdown since a few days before she committed.

I was starting to worry, but I couldn't because she didn't have any drugs on her. Delaney kept her sleeping medicine with her.

I woke up and Zoey was in my arms and my phone was ringing. Delaney. She must've just found out.

"Hello?" I answered quietly.

"Hey. I just found out my dad died. How is Zoey? Does she know yet?" Delaney asked.

"She's not doing good Delaney. She found out last night, she fell asleep and woke up at like 4 in the morning crying her eyes out. She had another nightmare even after taking her medicine and she was telling me that she couldn't do it anymore." I said.

"Oh Lord. Oh no. What is she doing right now? Is she okay?" She asked.

"She's okay. She's sleeping on me right now." I said.

"Keep her from school. There's no way she can deal with that especially right now. We need to get her stable. I cant have this happen to her again." She said.

"I've got her. Im starting to worry about her too." I said.

"Yeah. I'll call you later and check in then after school I'm gonna head over there with Dylan. Make sure she eats, drinks water, please. When she got like that last time she refused to eat and she just got into eating again. Make sure she tells Tasha about this too." She said.

"Okay." I said.

I hung up, running my hand up and down Zoey's back.

"Marcus." Zoey said.

"Yes my love?" I asked.

"What time is it?" She asked.

"8:30. Delaney said to have you stay home." I said.

"I agree." She said.

"How are you holding up?" I asked.

"I feel like I wanna cry again." She said.

"I'm sorry baby. Just know I'm right here." I said.

"I'm sorry I'm so emotional right now." She said.

"It's okay. It's normal. Just make sure to let Tasha know what's going on so she can help you too." I said.

"I'll call her soon." She said.

I really hoped Zoey wasn't going to hurt herself again. We all didn't want her to go back to the shit she went through. She fought so hard to get here.