Chapter 34

~Delaney's POV~

I woke up to knocking on the front door. I opened it and it was an officer.

"Good morning. Are you Delaney Rivera?" The officer asked.

"Yes, yes I am." I said.

"I've been sent here to search any more drug of your mother's. You're not in trouble if I find any, but I need to know that you got everything out." He said.

"I'm pretty sure I got everything out. It was just the stash that Zoey hid. But of course." I said, letting him in.

The officer searched everything and found everything that my mom hid in her room.

"I found a lot in your mother's room. Don't worry, you're not in trouble I promise." He said.

"Thank you." I said.

"Can we test you just in case? They'd kill me if I didn't test you." He said.

"Yes, yes of course." I said.

I tested negative for drugs and everything.

"Thank you. By the way. Your mother.. and father are getting arrested. Zoey told them everything." He said.

"Okay." I said.

"Have a nice day, stay safe." He said.

I nodded as he took the bag of drugs and left.

Thank God they were finally out of our lives. I just knew Zoey felt fucking relieved.

~Zoey's POV~

"Do they know how long my parents are going to prison for?" I asked.

"Your dad could have anywhere between 15 years to life. That's attempted murder and for your mom they said from anywhere to 7-13 years." Tasha said.

I nodded.

"Alright. What are your questions?" She asked.

"First one. Will I go to the same school for junior and senior year while Delaney's gone?" I asked.

"Of course." She said.

"Can Dylan and Marcus still come and see me?" I asked.

"Yes they can." She said.

"Would we be staying at my house or your house?" I asked.

"We'll be staying at your house so the bills can stay being paid. And my apartment is fine anyway." She said.

"Okay. Can we make monthly visits to Delaney?" I asked.

"Of course we can." She said.

"Okay." I said.

"You have nothing to worry about." She said.

I smiled. I was glad.

"Alright. It's getting late. I'll go get your medicine and some water. You go shower." Tasha said.

"Okay." I said.

I got everything ready and went to the showers. Some other girl was in there but I didn't really see her face.

I got out, grabbing my things.

"Zoey?"

I recognized that voice.

"Mary?" I asked.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I could ask the same." I said.

"I um... I tried killing myself. With a knife." She said.

"Wow. Are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm fine. I have 2 months here." She said.

"Me too." I said.

"What did you do?" She asked.

"I overdosed." I said.

"First time here?" She asked.

"Nope." I said.

"Im so sorry. About everything." She said.

"I forgive you. Just don't tell anyone." I said.

"Same for you. Don't tell anyone about this." She said.

"Of course. I have your back Mary." I said.

I went back to my room and got dressed.

Tasha came back with my medicine and my water.

"I saw Mary in the shower room. When did she get here?" I asked, taking my pill.

"She just got here this morning before the cops came." Tasha said.

"Oh wow." I said.

"Yeah. Just be there for her best you can. You guys are going through the same thing with different strategies." She said.

"Of course." I said.

"Have a good night Zoey." She said.

I gave Tasha a hug as she left. I closed my door and fell asleep, watching my show.