Chapter 39

"Alright, well. It started before we met. I had just dropped Marcus. My sister wasn't home. My parent's abused us, mostly Delaney. And my dad pointed a gun to her head right in front of me when I was 2. I had nightmares of it ever since. I got PTSD whenever I was ever in the same room as my parents. During the summer I had been really suicidal, so I took over 20 of my mom's Xanax. My sister found me and got me in the hospital. After that I got sent to the mental hospital for 2 weeks. When I was back it was a few days before school started. I took more Xanax, only two, the day before school. That's why I slept in so late on the first day. I had more encounters with my dad which caused me to overdose again on my birthday. I went back to the hospital, back to the mental hospital for 2 months and finally decided I was done trying to take away something that I needed." I said.

"I'm so sorry Zoey. I'm sorry you went through such hell. You didn't deserve that at all." Lynette said, hugging me.

"I'm doing really good now so we have nothing to worry about. I talked to cops while I was in the mental hospital and as of now my parents are in prison for a really long time." I said.

"Who's gonna take care of you while Delaney's in college?" She asked.

"My sponsor, Tasha. She felt like a mom to me since day 1 of being at that stupid place." I said.

"I'm so proud of you." She said.

"I finally opened my eyes while I was there and I knew that I was done. I knew that I wasn't gonna touch a drug again and I knew I was gonna be happier." I said.

"I'm glad. You finally realized that you need to be here. For Delaney, Dylan, Marcus, and me." She said.

I smiled. I did need to be here. For myself too.

Lynette had went home. I cooked dinner, I loved cooking.

"How the hell can you cook so good?" Delaney asked.

"I learned a few pointers from some random girl living with me." I said.

"You're not funny." She said, laughing.

"That's why you're laughing." I said.

I made us plates, sitting down next to Delaney.

I ate my food, washing the dishes after.

"Marcus and Dylan are gonna come over in a bit since it's the weekend." Delaney said.

"Sounds good." I said.

"While you're at it, put my clothes you borrowed in the laundry. I know you purposely took my favorites." She said.

"You're not wrong." I said.

I went upstairs, changing out of my sister's clothes as I heard a light knock on my bedroom door.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Marcus." He said.

"Come in." I said.

Marcus came in, kissing me.

"Hold on I'll get in clothes, just a moment." I said.

"I don't mind it." Marcus said.

I rolled my eyes at him, going in my closet and looking for a shirt as I felt Marcus's arms wrap around my waist.

"You're absolutely beautiful, and you always have been." Marcus said, kissing my neck.

"Thank you." I said.

He let go of my waist as I got a shirt and shorts on, going to the laundry room and putting the clothes in the washer.

"Your clothes are in the washer your majesty." I said.

"I prefer Princess but that works too." Delaney said.

"As if." I said, laughing as I went back to my bedroom.

I laid next to Marcus, scrolling through my phone.

"Zoey." Marcus said, kissing my neck.

"Yes Marcus?" I asked.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you more." I said.

Marcus turned my face to his, kissing me, I turned it into making out.

"I gotta go take my medicine. I'll be right back." I said, giving him one more kiss.

I went downstairs and... Dylan was kissing Delaney, while she was on the counter.

"Am I interrupting something?" I asked.

"Oh shit I thought you went to sleep." Dylan said.

"I uh... need my medication." I said.

Delaney laughed, going to get my medication, giving me a pill.

"Uh.. have fun." I said, slowly backing away upstairs.

I went to my bedroom, taking my medicine with water.

"I just walked in on Dylan and Delaney almost making babies on my counter." I said.

"Oh God that's disgusting." Marcus said.

"Jesus Christ does this AC ever work?" I said, taking off my shirt.

I got in bed as Marcus immediately pulled me in, kissing me.

"I could kiss you for hours on end." Marcus said.

"Keep talking and we'll make it more than just kissing." I said, smiling at him.

"Is that a threat?" He asked.

"Not at all." I said.

"Best I keep talking then." He said.

I laughed as he kissed me again. I went into his arms, falling asleep as he ran his hand up and down my back.