Chapter 19

"Where are you headed to?" My dad asked.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"You didn't answer my question." He said.

"I'm going to Marcus's house." I said.

"For?" He asked.

"Family gathering." I said.

"You'd rather go there than spend time with your real family right here?" He asked.

"You just randomly showed up. You and your girlfriend and your new son are NOT my family." I said.

"We are your family." He said.

"No. You're not." I said.

"What's going on?" Delaney asked, coming in.

"Hey Laney." My dad said.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I'm here because I want you guys to get closer with us." He said.

"No." I said.

"Not a chance." Delaney said.

"C'mon. You'd rather go to some random dude's house than spend time with me?" He asked.

"He's not some random dude, he's my boyfriend." I said.

"Boyfriend?" He asked.

"Yeah, now if you'll excuse me." I said, going outside.

Fuck him.

My sister and Dylan came out.

"He won't leave this time." Delaney said.

"Then let him stay I don't care I just want to see Marcus right now." I said.

"Okay." She said.

Delaney went inside as I sat down on the front door step.

"Hey, do you want me to go pick up Marcus instead? You're dealing with a lot. I don't think you need the stress of our family. They're gonna be there tomorrow too, so we can always do tomorrow instead." Dylan said.

"Yeah, yeah that works. Can I go with you?" I asked.

"Yeah, of course. I'm gonna text Delaney and let her know we're going to pick him up." He said.

~Delaney's POV~

"Why isn't your sister talking to me?" My dad asked.

"You abused me in front of that poor girl. She saw fucking everything. She has nightmares. She's fucking traumatized because of you." I said.

"But it didn't happen to her." He said.

"That doesn't matter! You pulled a gun to my head right in front of her FUCKING face!" I said.

"You're being dramatic. It was years ago." He said.

"It doesn't matter. She almost saw me die." I said.

"But I didn't kill you." He said.

"Are you hearing yourself right now?" I asked.

"I am." He said.

"You ruined her fucking life." I said.

"How?" He asked.

"You pulled a gun to my head in front of her, you slapped me in front of her, you yelled at her for taking a fucking nap at 2 years old, you told her you didn't love her, you told me you didn't love me, you pulled my hair right in front of her fucking face and now everywhere she goes that's all she fucking sees." I said.

"She shouldn't be the one traumatized if it's not happening to her." He said.

"Yeah, I'm fucking traumatized but I'm more worried about HER. She isn't the same girl she was before you left. She won't smile unless Marcus is around. She can barely wake up, she can barely stay awake, she can barely eat, you ruined her fucking life." I said.

"You both are being very overdramatic." He said.

"She tried killing herself during the summer. Mom told her she was just seeking attention. You told me that you didn't care. She was in the mental hospital for 2 fucking weeks because mom thought she was an attention-seeking psycho. She was fucking miserable and still is miserable." I said.

"That's not my fault." He said.

"SHE TRIED TAKING HER LIFE BECAUSE OF YOU MASON!" I yelled.

"You call me dad." He said.

"You don't deserve that role." I said.

"I'm not leaving." He said.

"That's gonna make her even more miserable. If you don't leave she's staying with me and Dylan at Dylan's house." I said.

"I came here because your mother told me to." He said.

"Why because she wants to fuck more dudes and get drunk and fucking high on drugs?" I said.

"That's exactly why." He said.

"Fuck you both man." I said.

"Lana, go take Matthew outside for a walk." He said.

Lana went outside with Matthew as Dylan's car pulled up.

"Don't fucking talk to her." I said.

"I'm gonna talk to my daughter." He said.

My sister had been through a lot. I didn't care that I went through that I worried about her. She saw everything he had done to me and she was scared. She wasn't attention seeking, I was all she had left and she was scared that she was gonna lose me. I felt insanely bad for that poor girl. She was just getting happy until Mason had to show up.