Chapter 37

We got back to my house, Marcus and Dylan had come with.

"Have you heard anything about mom and dad?" I asked.

"Not yet. They might be still in the court process at the moment." Delaney said.

"Understandable." I said.

I got my stuff from the car, they had let me get the medication for my sleep, and I didn't think about overusing it.

"Laney, can you put this somewhere for me?" I asked, handing her my medication.

"Yeah, sure. Just remind me to have you take it." Delaney said.

"Thank you." I said.

I went upstairs as Marcus went with me. I got in my room and wow. I didn't feel as good as I did now.

I felt amazing.

I turned on the light, starting to unpack everything.

"I missed you Zoo." Marcus said.

"I missed you too. Trust me I wanted to call you I just needed some time to myself." I said.

"I get it. Don't be sorry for wanting to make yourself happier Zoey." He said.

I smiled at him. I opened my drawer and put my journal and pens in there.

"I'm really proud of you." Marcus said.

"Thank you Marcus. That means a lot." I said.

"Of course." He said.

After hanging out with the guys for while they went back home. I cleaned up the rest of dinner as Delaney cleaned up the kitchen.

"I'm so sorry we couldn't celebrate your 16th like we planned." Delaney said.

"It's okay. I was really just not in the right headspace and I was really fucked up. Just please know it's none of your fault." I said.

"I love you Zoey. I'm really proud of you." She said.

"I'm proud of me too. I should probably get to bed. School." I said.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"Yes. I need my grades good and I'm mentally stable. I'm okay." I said.

"Okay. Just don't tell anyone." She said.

"I'm not going too." I said.

I went upstairs, going into my room. I wrote in my journal for the day, getting into pajamas.

"Damn, these barely even fit anymore." I said.

I went back downstairs.

"We're gonna have to take a trip to the mall tomorrow." I said.

"What for?" Delaney said.

"I went from 86 pounds to 150. I need clothes." I said.

"Okay. Sure thing." She said.

"Thank you. I love you." I said.

"I love you too. Borrow some of my clothes for tomorrow." She said.

"You got it." I said.

I went to Delaney's room, grabbing an outfit for tomorrow along with a jacket.

I went back downstairs.

"My medicine!" I said.

"Oh shit we both forgot." Delaney said, grabbing the bottle out of the cabinet.

She handed me a pill and I took it, going back upstairs with my water.

I finally fell asleep, I was happy. I was myself.

I fought through.