Chapter 70

Marcus and I woke up to my alarm. I rolled out of bed, getting ready. Marcus had already brought clothes with him. Layla and Carlos were already awake.

"Are you sure you're ready to go back to school today?" I asked.

"I'm sure." Layla said.

"Just beware of a Freshman named Chanel. She's brutal as fuck." I said.

"I'll be okay." She said.

"Just come to me if she does anything." I said.

Layla nodded in agreement as Marcus and I got in my car. Carlos already had his car so he took Layla. I got into the parking lot, holding Marcus's hand.

"I'm tired." Marcus said.

"Me too." I said.

We walked into the school and Chanel was.. talking to my mom.

I froze.

"Zoey... Zoey it's okay. Look at me. It's okay." Marcus said.

"I can't. Not at school Marcus." I said.

Marcus took my hand as my mom spotted me.

"Zoey, my beautiful girl." My mom said, going in for a hug as I stopped her.

"Don't." I said.

"Listen I know you're mad at me but I want to make it up to you. I was just talking to your friend Chanel. She said you've been doing so much better." She said.

"She's not my friend. I don't fucking like her. I don't want to fix things with you. Why are you at my school?" I asked.

"To pick you up. We're gonna go out with Chanel." She said.

"No. Not a chance." I said.

"Please baby." She said.

"You traumatized me." I said.

"Zoey. Don't do this." She said.

"You hurt me. You're the reason I was in that fucking hospital." I said.

I walked away, going to my first hour.

I sat down and plugged my headphones in, putting my head down the whole period. I didn't even want to talk. Even to Marcus. I was hurt, and betrayed.

Chanel walked in and sat at her usual spot.

"What's wrong with her?" Chanel asked Marcus.

"You happened. You shouldn't have brought her mom here." Marcus said.

"What? Now she's triggered?" She asked.

I silently started crying.

"Chanel. You need to leave her the fuck alone. I mean it." Marcus said.

After class I went straight to my next one. My headphones were still plugged in. I didn't even talk to Lynette.

After a few classes I made it to lunch. I sat alone. At least I was alone until Mary sat with me.

"Mary. You're back." I said.

"I am. I saw your mom. What happened?" Mary asked.

"Chanel brought her here." I said.

"I am so sorry Zoey." She said.

Layla also sat with us.

"Are you okay Zoey?" Layla asked.

"Yeah, just Chanel brought my mom here and my mom's kinda the reason I was ever at the mental hospital and I'm kinda triggered right now." I said.

"I'm so sorry." She said, giving me a hug.

I didn't wanna talk to anyone, but Mary and Layla knew exactly what I was going through. Marcus was talking with Dylan and Delaney. I just hoped he wasn't mad at me.

"Listen Zoey. Layla and I are here for you. We know. We know the exact thoughts and feelings and as do you for us. Don't ever think we won't be here for you." Mary said.

"I feel hurt Mary. I didn't wanna see her again." I said.

"Chanel was really wrong for that." Layla said.

I saw Chanel with my mom.

"I don't know why she's still here." I said.

"Zoey if you're here any longer within your mom's presence you're gonna go back to the bottom. I know how the drill goes." Mary said.

"You're right Mary. I hate to say it but you're right. Can we go inside and just walk?" I asked.

Mary nodded, walking with Layla and I.

~Marcus's POV~

"That really put pressure on Zoey Laney." I said.

"I don't know what to do. She hasn't talked to me. She definitely wanted to go to Zoey first since Zoey was always the easy target. Shit the only reason why Zoey's talking to Layla and Mary is because they all know each others feelings. They've all been through the same thing with different strategies." Delaney said.

"Yeah, I'm not mad at her for that. I'm just mad at Chanel and your guys' mom." I said.

"I have no idea why she's still here." Dylan said.

~Zoey's POV~

I got to my last class of the day until I saw who was in my classroom. My mom.

"Hello everyone. I'm your new teacher. Mrs. Rivera. As you may know I am Zoey's mom." She said.

Everyone looked at me as I left the classroom.

I needed Tasha. I was thinking of everything again. The drugs, everything.