Chapter 71

I was in the hallway, panicking my ass off. Chanel came down the hallway. I started crying, I felt the exact same way the day my mom and my dad were here.

"Zoey?" Chanel said.

"Chanel I swear to God if you say something stupid I'm going to fucking slap you." I said.

"I'm not. What's happening?" She asked.

"My kind and amazing fucking mother now works at my school. Thanks to you and her I wanna go fucking use again and now I'm here and I cannot fucking breathe!" I said.

Chanel gave me a genuine look as I kept crying.

"I'm gonna go get you some water. I'll be right back." Chanel said.

Chanel? Being nice?

I paced around in the hallway, I was shaking, I was sweating, I really wanted to use again.

Chanel came back with a water bottle as I drank some of it.

"Zoey. I'm so fucking sorry. I feel so horrible for what I did. I'm genuinely sorry. I was such a jealous piece of shit and now that I'm actually seeing I'm genuinely worried about you." Chanel said.

"I told you that I can't be around them. I told you that I didn't want to think of that again. I fucking told you." I said.

"I know. I'm so sorry." She said.

"Can you please get my phone for me, go to Tasha's contact and call her please." I said.

Chanel nodded, getting my phone from my backpack and calling Tasha.

~Chanel's POV~

I really fucked up. For so long I was jealous of how happy Marcus and Zoey were together, and I ruined her life.

"Hello Zoey." Tasha answered.

"Tasha this is Chanel. I'm sure Zoey's told you about me but she's not doing good right now. Her mom's here at the school and she's really urging to use again." I said.

"Stay put. I'll be right there. Make sure she does NOT go anywhere. Keep her right where she is." She said.

"Okay." I said.

I hung up, putting Zoey's phone in her bag.

~Zoey's POV~

"God I can't do this." I said, crying.

"You can Zoey. You fought too damn hard to get to where you are now and don't let me fucking ruin that please. Don't let me. I feel so fucking horrible I cant live with what I did." Chanel said.

I saw Tasha come down the hallway as I immediately went to her. Breaking down in her arms.

"You're okay Zoey. You're okay." Tasha said.

"I wanna go home because if I don't I'm gonna go fucking crazy." I said.

"Okay. Let's get you home. I'll have Marcus take my other car back here." She said.

I got my bag as Tasha walked with me to her car. People were staring. Even Marcus. Dylan and Delaney too.

Delaney caught up and held my hand. I got in the back seat as Delaney hugged me.

We got to Tasha's apartment and I went into my room, getting in my bed and crying.

Delaney sat next to me, pushing my hair out of my face.

"I'm gonna make sure she doesn't work there anymore. Until then you're not going to school." Delaney said.

"She hurt me." I said.

"I know baby I know." She said.

"I don't wanna see her anymore." I said.

"I'm gonna make sure that you don't." She said.

"I want Marcus." I said.

"Do you want me to call him?" She asked.

"Yeah." I said.

Delaney went to go call Marcus but he was already here, dropping off Tasha's car.

I was still in my bed as Marcus gently went next to me, holding my hand. I turned around and went into his arms. I cried even more.

"I'm right here Zoey. I'm right here." Marcus said.

"I almost did it again Marcus. I almost screwed everything up." I said.

"But you didn't. You fought through. That's the first time you've ever done that and you stayed so strong." He said, playing with my hair.

I finally got done crying as I fell asleep in his arms. I really just wanted this to end.