Chapter 29

~Zoey's POV~

I woke up.. I woke up. I didn't die. God I was so fucking scared. The lights were bright as fuck and I knew I was in the hospital.

"Look who's awake." My mom said.

My mom? Shit. I was going back. I knew it.

"Zoey?" Delaney asked.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Almost 3 in the morning." She said.

"Thank you for not bringing Marcus." I said.

"I know you don't want him to see that." Dylan said.

"You're going back to the mental hospital." My mom said.

Knew it.

"For 2 months." She said.

2 MONTHS?

"Okay. Dylan. Please, do me a favor." I said.

"What's up?" Dylan asked.

I started crying.

"Just tell him to not call me while I'm there. I just want Delaney and Delaney only." I said.

"Okay. You got it." Dylan said.

"You're fucking psycho." My mom said.

"Get out Linda." Delaney said.

"What?" She asked.

"Out." Delaney said.

My mom got up and left.

"Why is she even here?" I asked.

"She came in when you fell down. I don't know why." Delaney said.

"I'm so sorry Laney. I'm so sorry." I said, crying.

"It's not your fault. It's mine. I didn't know." Delaney said, crying too.

"I love you, okay?" I said.

"I love you more." Delaney said.

After awhile they made Delaney leave, along with Dylan and my mom. They had taken me to the same mental hospital. My thoughts went immediately to Tasha.

I saw her right as I got in.

"Zoey?" Tasha said, coming over to me.

"I messed up." I said, crying.

"Oh honey." She said, hugging me.

She took me to a safer room, with actual TV.

"I'm gonna make sure you have a good stay here. I can't have you go through what you did last time. How long are you here for now?" Tasha asked.

"2 months." I said.

"I'm gonna go get you a fuzzy blanket and hot cocoa. Just relax okay? Let me know when you want to talk to Delaney." She said.

I nodded, sitting on my bed and watching the TV. It was my favorite show too. Always comforted me.

Tasha came back and sat on the bed with me.

"What caused it this time?" Tasha asked.

"Yesterday was my 16th birthday, and I felt like I didn't deserve it." I said.

"You deserve everything after what you've been through." Tasha said.

"I feel like a psycho." I said.

"You're not a psycho babygirl. You're a survivor. You survived 2 overdoses. You fought through. You stood up to yourself when your dad came. You did that all by yourself." She said.

"I just feel like I hurt everyone when I just wanted to hurt myself because of how miserable I was." I said.

"You just wanted everything to end?" She asked.

"Yeah. I didn't know I would hurt so many people." I said.

"Out of everyone here, you are like an absolute daughter to me. I love being your sponsor and I am so glad I'm able to help you Zoey. You'd hurt your sister, Dylan, Marcus, and me. And Lynette. You haven't talked to her in a long time. I'm sure she'd like some answers." Tasha said.

Lynette. I missed her so much.

"Can I call her right now? I remember her number." I said.

"Of course. Let's go." She said.

I walked with Tasha over to the telephones. I dialed in Lynette's number.

"Hello? Who's this?" Lynette answered.

"It's Zoey." I said.

"Zoey? Holy shit are you okay? I haven't heard from you in forever." She said.

"I'm in a mental hospital. I overdosed. Listen I'm gonna be gone for awhile but just know I love you. I love you so much. I'll explain everything soon." I said.

"Oh my God Zoey I'm so sorry. I love you so much. Be safe and call me again soon. Thank you for letting me know." She said.

I hung up.

"Anyone else?" Tasha asked.

"No." I said.

"Not Delaney?" She asked.

"Not right now. She's probably with Dylan and Marcus is probably with Dylan." I said.

"Do you not want Marcus to see what's happening?" She asked.

"Not yet." I said.

"I'm sorry. Here. It's really late. Let's get you in bed. I know you haven't slept in awhile." She said.

Tasha walked me back to my room and handed me the remote for the TV. I turned on some relaxing music and fell asleep.