Chapter 55

After what seemed like endless hours, Yan and his team exited the operation theatre.
Godt rushed to him and asked,"How's Krist? And our daughter? Is she alright?"

Yan smiled and nodded.
"Everything went fine. Both are well and in perfect health. Your daughter is also in good health. She has been sent to the nursery and Krist will be shifted to his room soon. You can wait there."

Godt hugged him and said,"Thank you so much for saving both. Thank you."

Yan patted his back and said,"I did my job, that's all. Right now, everyone needs to rest. I will meet you later."
Yan said and walked away.

Everyone was happy to hear the news. They hugged each other and walked towards the room. To wait for their princess and Krist but Godt stayed back.

"I want to walk with him. I have to see him." Godt said, crying. He had wanted to go into the operation theatre but had backed out. He couldn't see Krist in that condition. It hurt him too much.

Everyone nodded. Knot said that he will wait too and told Singto to go. Singto went with them. After a long time, the doors opened and a stretcher was being pushed. Godt and Knot stood up. When they saw it was Krist, they rushed to his side.

Krist was unconscious. He had drips on his hands. His face looked swollen. His hands were red too. Godt stopped them and went near Krist. He stroked his hair and kissed him softly

"Thank you so much, baby. Thank you for bringing our princess into our world. I love you so much." Godt whispered.

They walked alongside till the room. Once Krist was transferred onto the bed, Godt sat beside him. He held his hands. Susan came beside him and kissed his hair. Gwen did the same.

"When can we see our princess?" David asked.

"They have taken her to the nursery. Once her health check up is done, she will be brought here." Knot said

"I can't wait to see her. I hope she gets dimples like Krist." Susan said

Everyone laughed. They then started discussing what to do next. As it was now early morning and Krist wasn't awake yet, Singto suggested everyone to go home.

"Godt is here. We should go home and rest for a while. Krist would need us more now. We have to be ready." Singto said

Everyone agreed but were still reluctant to leave Godt alone. He smiled and said,"You should go home. I will rest here. Don't worry I will call you when he wakes up."

"Let us know when they will bring our princess here. We have kept her clothes and necessities in a bag here. Give it to the nurse when she comes. Call me if you need anything." Gwen said

Godt nodded. Everyone left after that. Godt sat beside holding Krist's hand.

He woke up alarmed after hearing some rustling.
"Krist?" Godt asked but was disappointed to see him still asleep. He looked at the nurse standing beside him. Checking his vitals

"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. I just wanted to check his vitals." The nurse said

"Is everything alright?" Godt asked

"Yes, everything is fine. He will wake soon." The nurse replied.

"And the baby? Is she alright?" Godt asked

The nurse smiled and nodded
"She is also sleeping now. She is beautiful just like her mother. I will bring her to you soon. You should sleep for some time."

Godt nodded. He looked at Krist and slept while sitting beside him.

Krist woke up groggy. He tried to hold his head but he couldn't feel his hands. He forced his eyes open and looked around. He saw Godt sleeping beside him, holding his hand.